cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-alining dish reciver

uberpea
Character Actor

Hi,

Will it cost me to have a tech come out and realine my reciver? My signal is less then 50%.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Re-alining dish reciver

uberpea
Character Actor

I rechecked the signal again and it is at 69%. It is showing that I am using satellite 110. Not sure why the fluctuation. When the signal was lower, I noticed that some channels where grainier then others. With the higher signal, not so much. So, I guess it is what it is. Thanks for the input.

3 Replies

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

50% is an average signal strength and might be the max where you live. Having a higher % doesn't give you a better picture. The only advantage of having a higher number is if you live in an area that has constant heavy cloud cover or rain so the signal can penitrate. You would have a signal even if the signal was only 20% Around 15% you would get pic break up and freeze. Less than 15% is no signal.

There is nothing to align at the receiver. And usually, if you have the dish solidly mounted, adjustment isn't need. In any case, each sat will show a different signal strength. example- if you are using west arc sats, the dish is aimed at 119, which means 110 and 129 would have a lower signal strength.  

Chadt4141
Production Manager
I just wanted to correct a few things. What you see on the point dish screen is not a percentage. They are points. As explained, 50 is a good signal strength. 35 is also a solid signal. 32 and below you’ll start getting a broken picture and the occasional partial signal loss. 25 and below and you’ll experience complete signal loss.

It is correct about the numbers. 35 and above, signal period. The higher the points, the more it will take to knock out the signal, and a high number is closer to 75, and in most places unacheivable.

uberpea
Character Actor

I rechecked the signal again and it is at 69%. It is showing that I am using satellite 110. Not sure why the fluctuation. When the signal was lower, I noticed that some channels where grainier then others. With the higher signal, not so much. So, I guess it is what it is. Thanks for the input.