cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Programming Decisions and Missing Capabilities

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
The insult is hilarious. I am a lemming, but you have no other number to go off. The government accepted it, after the audited financials. No, I don’t think the CFO, or CEO would risk prison time to post minor differences in numbers. You can go wherever you want, however, when you switch, do not forget to read the agreement. Guess what, they all have the same disclosures for the same reason.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
Guess what, Hulu, YouTube, and Fubo do NOT have the agreements you say they all have.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

The number of subscribers lost due to a programming decision is not under the scrutiny of audits and the government overview.  The total number of subscribers lost due to ANY reason is as it goes to the total number of subscribers from quarter to quarter.  Careful, your are about to go over the edge of the cliff.  When you do, be sure to land sunny-side up so everyone can see your Dish tattoo.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
The number of subscribers to a dropped or potentially dropped station is important details that are inherent under the audit, for the shareholders. You forget, they have to answer to shareholders and misleading financials can and have sent people to jail

As for your claim, sure you want to say the others don’t have those terms?

3.13 Modification/Suspension/Discontinuation. We regularly make changes to the Services. The availability of the Content, as well as Access Points and Compatible Devices through which the Services are available, will change from time to time. Hulu reserves the right to replace or remove any Content and Access Points available to you through the Services, including specific titles and networks/channels, and to otherwise make changes in how we operate the Services. Additionally, you agree that for various reasons, such as restrictions from content programmers and other limitations or considerations from third-parties, certain Content and functionality that may be available through one Access Point or Compatible Device may not be available through another Access Point or Compatible Device. We hope not to, but we may change, suspend, or discontinue - temporarily or permanently - some or all of the Services (including the Content and the Compatible Devices through which the Services are accessed), with respect to any or all users, at any time without notice. In our continued assessment of the Services, we may from time to time, with respect to any or all of our users, experiment with or otherwise offer certain features or other elements of the Services, including promotional features, user interfaces, product features and functionality, plans, pricing, and advertisements. You acknowledge that Hulu may do so in Hulu's sole discretion at any time without notice. You also agree that Hulu will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services.

4. SUBSCRIPTIONS AND BILLING

4.1. Ongoing Subscription and Fees. While we may offer Content from time to time for free, we charge a fee to access the Services. We will bill you in advance for your subscription. Your subscription will continue and automatically renew on a recurring basis corresponding to the term of your subscription unless and until you cancel your subscription, or your account is otherwise suspended or terminated pursuant to these Terms. Hulu reserves the right to change the terms of your subscription, including price, from time to time, effective as of the beginning of your next Billing Period following the date of the change. We will give you advance notice of these changes, but we will not be able to notify you of changes in any applicable taxes.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

The shareholders care about the total number of subscribers, not subscribers to a specific channel.  Even the channel provider does not ever care about that number as long as they get paid.  As to you continuing to quote the company policies, I have never said they did not have the legal right to change things.  What I have said is the packages that were presented to me and I made my decision on was changed.  That also goes for the functionality of the DVR.  Was it legal, yes, was it ethical or even business wise, no.  Not to me and many others on that have called and written Dish.   I am through discussing this with you as you are certainly a "company boy" and as such will love any changes they make.  I for one do not and will not stay with a company that does not make an honest effort to keep the same level of programming that I started receiving.  Other providers have those channels and Dish should enter into honest faith negotiations to resolve the issue.  It has been going on now for way too long.

Continue to be a lemming for dish.  That an a ton of money each month will allow you to watch their channels.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Investors care how the company decisions impact their investment. That’s why it was note worthy to announce how many people viewed those channels. Was it business wise, yes. Glad you’re in a position to talk about what is best for Dish, without even reading their financials. Congrats. I think they will get by just fine without your advice.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer
And that would be a no and a no. But nice try on your attempt to slide that in fanboi.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
I would rather pay Hulu about 100 less a month for fox sports, than pay Dish for nothing I really watch. Plus no contract.
Can you actually see a dish tattoo on a lemmings belly?

Sax6M
Character Actor

Very good staying on point, and not being drawn into a name-calling contest.  Not good staying in the discussion.  Once you presented the Hulu evidence, it was over for you.  You had made your point.  Everything after that was like keeping your starters in after you have scored more than enough to win the game.

The Bible says two seemingly contradictory things in Proverbs.  We are told to correct the misinformed with the truth, or be considered to be like them.  Maybe two verses later we are told to not correct the misinformed, or be considered to be like them.  There is a point where you and your adversary begin to sound like dueling "beasts of burden".  I know that was not Bowie, but his compatriot Jagger.

When a person takes pleasure in personal insults, they are not worth your time.  That becomes the evidence that any evidence will only make more evident that no evidence is acceptable.  Get out of it now, or be confused as of the same species.  Sheep despise mud.  Pigs love mud, in fact need it to survive.  Unless you are willing to change species, you will never "win".

Customers are guests who pay for privileges, not rights.  Whatever else we are called, this is the essence of what we are.  DISH is the host.  They set the rules for our continued enjoyment of their hospitality.  If we do not like it, we can leave and "visit" someone else.

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you.  We are NOT a guest of Dish.  In fact, it is the other way around.  Dish is a guest in my home; a guest that I am paying to be in my home.