Programming Decisions and Missing Capabilities

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming Decisions and Missing Capabilities

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

I am getting extremely dissapointed in my Dish services.  First, they will not solve the dispute between the regional FOX sports providers and now I find the "seek" option for my DVR has been removed.  As I talk to other providers, they have solved the FOX disputes and the regional programming that I want to watch is available.  Why won't Dish resolve this issue as it is important to me and to many others.  This is programming that I was promissed when I signed up for the Dish service.

Next is the removal of a way to add a "seek" timer to the DVR.  I want to, and have in the past, set up timers to record every movie that has, as an example, Humphrey Bogart staring in it, or a sports team that I follow.  Now that option is not available.  you have to pick a specific airing of a program or you cannot create the timer.  This is a VERY IMPORTANT feature.

With the remove of programming and capabilities, I am seriously considering changing my provider and Dish is not coming through with the goods anymore.  Plese add both of these features back into your lineup.

19 Replies

Re: Programming Decisions and Missing Capabilities

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Nobody is promised any specific channel. Dish has addressed the RSNs. They already said several months ago that they will not charge their customers the high prices being demanded for the channels when less than 10% of customers even watch those channels.

The seek is still available, but as you discovered, the functionality of it has changed to a more practical one. You can still record anything from a specific person. For instance, mine is set up for anything with Bowie.

Dazed1
Audio Engineer
Don’t know where you get your numbers, but it’s more than 10 percent. Gonna climb higher when baseball starts. Dish may not have promised this,but it has been taken away and other providers didn’t have a problem with it.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
I got my numbers from their financials each quarter and year posted at the SEC website. You say it is more than 10%, where do you get your number from?

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer
Ok, so when you take out a service based on their published offerings, I expect those offerings. You can call it what you like, but yo me they are NOT delivering the level of service promised. Also, the seek function is no longer a seek function. I don’t know where you get it is. If you can explain how to get the functionality described, please do; otherwise your comment has no merit.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
What is advertised is a package sold as subject to change. It is so important that you have to initial you understand that specifically on the contract. It’s right at the top, one of the first things you see.

The seek, run a search, and you can select what you’re searching for(as stated, you can no longer use keywords, so it will have to be fairly specific). Click record all or record when available. Those are seek timers. I have a Bowie one set up for all David Bowie. I have another set up for all South Park. Until HBO issue happened, I had one set up for GoT. It is not as open as it once was, because it caused a lot of confusion for a great number of people, so it is now the far more practical version.

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
This is what you sign at start up:

Changes in Prices, Programming, Services and Features: You acknowledge and agree that:
 Agreements with programming suppliers may expire during the term of your Agreement with DISH. If that
occurs, some programming in your DISH services may not be available for some or all of the remaining term of your agreement with DISH, and you will not be entitled to any refund, credit, or other compensation, as more fully set forth in the RCA.
 DISH has the right, without notice at any time and from time to time (including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed), to add, delete, rearrange, alter, change and/or eliminate: (A) any and all prices, fees and/or charges; and/or (B) packages, programming, programming suppliers, services offered by suppliers, software, applications, features and/or functionalities; provided that, in doing so, DISH exercises its discretion consistent with the parties’ reasonable expectations at the inception of this Agreement in accordance with the covenant of good faith and fair dealing implied in this Agreement under Colorado law.
 DISH has the right, without notice at any time (including, without limitation, during any term commitment to which you have agreed), to change your payment terms if you fail to make payments by your payment due date.
______ (customer initials)

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

And keyword search is exactly what has been taken away.  That is a function that many people on this board have been complaining about and is of great importance to many.  As far as the packaging, sports programming is not seen by subscribers in the same manner as other channels.  You can take away the LAFF channel at any point.  However, I specifically took out Dish for the sports and not I do not have what was supposed to be delivered to me.

You are defiantly a Dish lemming.

Highlighted

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
You say so many, but how many? And sports programming, in the eyes of any tv business, is programming none-The-less. It doesn’t exclude sports programming in that little box YOU and all other Dish customers had to initial. And I am a lemming for Dish because I read my agreement and fully understood what I was getting into? For understanding I am not entitled to things you seem to feel entitled to, even though you agreed you’re not?

Ljohnson59
Costume Designer

Yes, a lemming for blindly following the Dish changes without saying anything.  You know, if you like your Dish programming, you can keep your Dish programming.  As for me, I have other choices and will probably exercise those option after the first of the year.  I will not continue to support a company that takes options away from me that I consider important.

As for numbers, did you ever think that the "company number" may be lower than what reality is. They do want to make their decisions look better than they actually are. Where is the proof on the actual "company numbers"?