Program stops kicks out gives 2 notices to unplug/reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program stops kicks out gives 2 notices to unplug/reset

I was watching a movie in the bedroom using the Joey (this time an on demand movie but this happens with other programs as well) when the movie stopped and I received 2 notices on a gray background screen. The first notice said to unplug the hopper, etc. After that notice around 40 seconds later another notice came up though I forget what that one said. Maybe reset the Joey. Then without doing any of these things the show came back on. This took maybe 90 to 120 seconds maybe a bit more. Then it repeats this after about 3 minutes or less. This has been happening since I have had the Dish but so infrequently it did not bother me. For the past month or so it has been taking place much more frequently and this evening it is impossible to watch TV.

I telephoned Dish yesterday or the day before and the agent I spoke to said she would do something on her end that would stop this from happening. She sent a signal or something to my Dish and told me it was all fixed. Since then It has only gotten worse. As I said above this has happened before but in the past month or so it has gotten worse and now it is impossible to watch a show or at least this show.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening and what I can do to stop it? I have unplugged the hopper. I have reset the Joey. I did get a new router a few days ago but this was happening prior to the router being installed. Do I need to input any information or a password somewhere for the router? Help! It is a good movie not great but pretty good. Tom Hiddleston (the newest greatest latest) is in it.

Any tips will be much appreciated!
3 Replies

Re: Program stops kicks out gives 2 notices to unplug/reset

DISH Employee
There can be a few of reasons this has happened and to narrow it down do you remember the 3/4-digit error message that came on the screen?

Hi, I think I may have fixed it. I updated the password for the modem and it stopped getting the messages and quitting the shows. I will look closer at the messages next time (if there is a next time) and note any reference numbers. I am not sure what is meant by a 3/4 digit error but I imagine if I look it will become obvious.

Thanks for responding.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
normally when there's an issue you get a 3 or 4 digit number code on screen, helps to figure out what's wrong