Problems with DVR timer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with DVR timer

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
I had one timer which didn't record last night. The timer was set for new and the program was new. Checked the DVR schedule and it doesn't show up even in skipped programs and for future recordings. Checked the timer itself and even changed it to record new and reruns and it still doesn't show up. Deleted timer and setup again. Still the same problem just with this one program. Any thoughts?
10 Replies

Re: Problems with DVR timer

Community Manager
Community Manager
What programming was this on?

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
CBS Network

This may have to do with our new guide data provider. If you set a 'record once' timer this will work. You may also want to delete and recreate the original
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
Did that for tonight. However, Deleted and setup a new timer same problem.

Thank you for trying. The "record once" will be our only option on this as we do still have this listed as a known issue with our new guide data provider
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

logdog
Visual Engineer
This has been a known issue for almost 3 months. I think it's a pretty essential function that timers record scheduled shows correctly rather than hit or miss. Why does it take so long to fix?

trisha97
Extra
I have been having the same issues since the beginning of March and when I contacted them back then, they told me that it is a known issue and will be fixed when the hopper does automatic updates but couldn't provide me with a time that it would be fixed. Here we are in the middle of June and still having the same issue so I contacted them again and they provided me with the same crap. It's pretty bad that we pay a lot of money for a service that should work properly and 3 months later, the issue is still there and hasn't been fixed. That should be on their priority list!

BrianP58
Audio Engineer
Totally agree. I've been with Dish for over 18 years now but thinking it's time for a change not only for service concerns but that seems the only way to push the cost down - to start over with another provider's new customer promotions.

DISH Employee
trisha97 wrote:
I have been having the same issues since the beginning of March and when I contacted them back then, they told me that it is a known issue and will be fixed when the hopper does automatic updates but couldn't provide me with a time that it would be fixed. Here we are in the middle of June and still having the same issue so I contacted them again and they provided me with the same crap. It's pretty bad that we pay a lot of money for a service that should work properly and 3 months later, the issue is still there and hasn't been fixed. That should be on their priority list!

What is the model of Hopper you have? If you do not have the Hopper 3, do you have the new UI installed? What is the Software Version you currently have?