Problems what is Dish Warning # 981 about?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems what is Dish Warning # 981 about?

major4445
Extra
any idea what Warning 981 is anout?
7 Replies

Re: Problems what is Dish Warning # 981 about?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about this issue!  Our team is diligently working to fix the 981 Boot Recovery error on the Joey 1.0 and will have a solution for you as soon as possible.  Please visit www.mydish.com/support/981 for the latest updates.  In the meantime, you can continue watching TV from your Hopper.

Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience while our team identified a solution.  The issue will automatically resolve overnight when your receiver is in standby mode, but you can also update the software on your Joey immediately.  Please visit www.mydish.com/support/981 to view the step by step solution on how to update the software. 

donnamoore
Extra

Did this work for anyone? My Joey refuses to go to standby. Useless!

Misslady666
Extra

It does nothing for mine I have tried your intruction but when i put it on standby it goes back to the same screen about the reboot recovery! this is so annoying! im about to canceal

wrote:

Thanks for letting us know about this issue!  Our team is diligently working to fix the 981 Boot Recovery error on the Joey 1.0 and will have a solution for you as soon as possible.  Please visit www.mydish.com/support/981 for the latest updates.  In the meantime, you can continue watching TV fr...

Misslady666
Extra

NO I did not for me!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @donnamoore and @Misslady666, did you skip or cancel your recording timers for at least the next 2 hours? Also, you'll want to be sure that you are powering down the main Hopper so the Standby screen is visible (the one that shows, "Your receiver is currently off"). The main Hopper should give you a prompt of the software being downloaded and the Hopper should then send the software to the Joey and begin the reset on it's own.

If those steps don't resolve the issue, your system should automatically update overnight while all equipment is in standby mode.

donnamoore
Extra

This did work for me the second time I tried it. Thanks for the info!