Problem with CBS station

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CBS station

On the local CBS station we continue to have a problem with the screen pixelating or going to a solid yellow. Except during storms, this problem does not occur on the other channels. The local CBS station in Columbia SC is WLTX. Reported to Dish tech support who advised me to call tech directly when it happens again so they can see the problem as it occurs. Also, when we play back a CBS program on the Hopper dvr the same problems occur, especially on prime time programs. Starting to think CBS is doing this purposely to sell their own on demand subscription service!
7 Replies

Re: Problem with CBS station

DISH Employee
Are you getting your locals through an OTA, or through your Dish services?
If through Dish, what receiver model do you have? It should say on the front left side.
Are you able to safely see if there is anything caught in the Dish outside? Sometimes sticks and debris can get caught in the Dish causing issues with pixelation.

Gerry-Seattle
Character Actor

Having the same exact problem here in the Seattle area with the local CBS station, KIRO.  This has been occurring for over a year during heavy rain periods.  At first I thought it was my system, but happen again the other night with no rain in my area but heavy rain to the North in Seattle.  Just happened to have two recordings during this time period.  The new show Peason on channel 105 (USA) and Blood & Treasure on channel 7 (CBS-KIRO).  The channel 105 recording is perfect, the channel 7 recording is heavily pixelated and incomplete.  These recordings were made during the exact same time frame so it cant be my receiver or reception quality (sat signal page shows good).  I have saved these recordings in a folder as proof of this issue.  This isnt the first time this has happened, this happens quite a bit.  If the system isnt going to work for local stations in the rain it becomes unusable in Seattle.  Can another CBS station from out of the area, like Phoenix, be added for recording?

DISH Employee

Hello Gerry. DISH does not determine the location of the locals as that is decided by the Nelson Broadcasting Company and enforced by the FCC, so we wouldn't be able to get you different locals.

Gerry-Seattle
Character Actor

So how can we get this problem fixed.  Ongoing reception issues of select channels is not acceptable.

DISH Employee

We can take a further look to see what can be causing this signal issue with your locals. Can you send me a private message with your account number and security code please? Hope to hear from you soon.

Gerry-Seattle
Character Actor

I cant figure out how to send you a Private Reply - only option I see is a reply to this thread.????

DISH Employee

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039