Prime Time with RV traveling

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Time with RV traveling

happyroadsrv
Character Actor
Hello, I am new to Dish so please excuse my ignorance. We recently had a Winegard Trav'ler dish installed on our 5th wheel RV and a Hopper 3. The very first night our system did not record Prime Time Anytime. The 2nd and 3rd night it did record Prime Time Anytime. Then we moved our location and were parked under a large shade tree that blocked the signal. So, for 2 nights, nothing - of course. We moved again and have clear sight of the satellites and the Hopper and dish are working perfectly, but the Prime Time Anytime is not recording.

I called Dish 2 times and got 2 different answers. First one was that some locals (ABC, CBS, NBC & FOX) don't shoot their signal to the western arc satellites and therefore Prime Time won't record. (They tell me this as I'm sitting there watching the locals on the western arc.) And the second one was that some areas of the US don't offer Prime Time Anytime recording.

What do ya'll think? What is the real answer? Why isn't my Prime Time Anytime recording?

Thank you for any help you can give.....
3 Replies

Re: Prime Time with RV traveling

Chadt41411
Casting Director
To better clarify, when you move, are you updating the service address with Dish? If you have EA locals, and are using WA, some will come in SD which is not going to work for PTAT

happyroadsrv
Character Actor
Yes, I change our service address when we move and yes, we have a WA LNB on our dish. So you're saying that because they are standard definition then PTAT won't record them? At least that is an explanation. Can't say that I understand their reasoning for that, but so be it.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Depends on the location. If it is an Eastern Arc DMA that has the standard def feeds on WA, then PTAT will not work. There are also DMAs that only have SD locals that it works on.