Prime Time Anytime

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Time Anytime

AggieJustin
Costume Designer
I have a question on recording broadcast networks when PTAT is turned off. Ever since the software upgrade, PTAT has been turned on since I can see the PT logos and every night the DVR turns on the recording light between 7-10p. I don't really need it on since anything I want to watch is already scheduled for recording as a series or a one-off event.

If I turn off PTAT, and I have two shows scheduled for recording on broadcast networks at the same time, will it occupy two tuners? Or will it still use a single tuner to record since they are broadcast networks (even though PTAT is turned off).

Here's an example. Let's say I'm recording something at 7p on ABC and CBS, as well as something on HIST. With PTAT on, ABC and CBS will record on one tuner, HIST on another leaving me with one free. If I turn off PTAT, will it do the same? Or will that require 3 tuners?

Once the new seasons of everything start, I know I'm going to have overlaps on the broadcast networks so I'm hesitant to turn off PTAT. But right now, it's more of a PITA since it occupies a tuner all night long recording re-runs leaving me with only two tuners (which have other issues in a separate thread).
3 Replies

Re: Prime Time Anytime

RickObe
Visual Engineer
The four major networks only use one tuner regardless of whether PTAT is on or off. However, you will lose autohop if you totally disable PTAT. Therefore, you may want to leave PTAT enabled for the one channel, one day a week, save for the minimum 2 days.

None of this really matters, of course, if you get a Hopper 3 since you will never get any conflicts with 16 tuners.

dflem29
Costume Designer
My concern with switching to Hopper3 is losing all the shows I already have recorded on the Hopper w/Sling. Why don't you have the same option to restore from Hopper to Hopper3 that can be done from Hopper to Hopper when they both have the same new user interface?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can with an Ethernet connection.