Prime Time Anytime with OTA?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Time Anytime with OTA?

edbianc
Character Actor
Thinking about going to the OTA adapter to get my local channels. What happens to the PTA feature of my H3 if I do this?
5 Replies

Re: Prime Time Anytime with OTA?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You do have to be subscribed to the locals for PTAT to work.

Mid90sDishCustomer
Camera Crew
You need locals through Dish Network to receive the PTAT feature.

When I first picked up a receiver that had this option, I only received my locals through OTA, but was mistakenly told by the installer that I would be able to get PTAT. He was wrong.

Eventually I had another installer move the dish to another location to receive locals through Dish, and in return I received PTAT.

Personally I really like this feature, enough to keep Dish providing the locals.

edbianc
Character Actor
Yeah I agree PTAT is a good feature.But paying that $10/mo for poor resolution locals is not. Which is why I was looking at OTA.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
edbianc wrote:
Yeah I agree PTAT is a good feature.But paying that $10/mo for poor resolution locals is not. Which is why I was looking at OTA.

If the OTA chanels match the Dish channels, PTAT will work on the OTA channel as well, as long as you're subscribed to the Dish channel as well. The OTA channels do not record them all with one tuner like the Dish locals do.

RickObe
Visual Engineer
And here's another reason I'm keeping the Dish locals even though I have the dual OTA tuner and antenna. I often record more than two simultaneous or overlapping network shows. Two tuners is not enough.