Poor quality on local channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality on local channels

edbianc
Character Actor
I am having issues with pixelation and blurred motion on my local channels, especially ABC, channel 6 in my zip code 29803. Football games show this problem especially. All other channels appear to be fine. Is dish working on this problem?
4 Replies

Re: Poor quality on local channels

DISH Employee
I don't show any known issues with that area currently, so I may need to get this sent forward for you. Was is just football games, or every show on ABC?

edbianc
Character Actor
It is on all shows from local channels and has been like this for a couple of months. I alerted DISH about this before and they said engineering is working on the issue but that was at least a 2 months ago. It is really bad with fast motion aka football games. Once the camera stops panning the picture gets better but still does look like HD. I have reset and unplugged the hopper and did the system sat/tuner checks that produced no errors.
If this is not a problem with local channels on DISH in my area, then I may need a tech to come check out my system. However, all other non-local channels seem to be fine.

Just checked with a friend down the street and he is noticing the same issues with his dish system.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
edbianc wrote:
It is on all shows from local channels and has been like this for a couple of months. I alerted DISH about this before and they said engineering is working on the issue but that was at least a 2 months ago. It is really bad with fast motion aka football games. Once the camera stops panning the picture gets better but still does look like HD. I have reset and unplugged the hopper and did the system sat/tuner checks that produced no errors.
If this is not a problem with local channels on DISH in my area, then I may need a tech to come check out my system. However, all other non-local channels seem to be fine.

Just checked with a friend down the street and he is noticing the same issues with his dish system.

What satellites are you looking at? What equipment do you have?

edbianc
Character Actor
I have the Hopper 3 with 3 Joeys.. Software version U502 updated 8/30/17.
Satellite used are 72 and 61.5.