Poor Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Service

egdan
Extra

I am not sure why the technician referred me to this forum to voice my opinion/concern about Dish service, but he did, so here it is.

I have been a customer of Dish for over 10 years. 

The equipment I have is original equipment.  You would think as it malfunctions I would receive a minimal upgrade to keep issues from re-occurring (simply looking for a VIP 722 as replacement). 

Trouble shooting is frustrating.  There appears to be a script that they must go through.  (If you can see error messages on the TV from the receiver, obviously the unit is plugged in!! )  After going through the process, the technician confirmed the unit was broken (hard drive failure, like the TV screen indicated initially when I started the Chat).  He said a replacement was being ordered.  Checked back 4 days later and it was never ordered.  The new technician at least didn’t put me through the painful trouble shooting, saw the issue and ordered a replacement unit.  Not sure why Dish is pushing the hopper, but both tried to get me to switch.  I did receive the unit Monday (about a week after the initial issue).  I had issue activating the unit.  It didn’t like the old unit’s number.  Had to chat again.  The technician didn’t identify what the issue was, even though I asked, but was able to correct it.  (It should have been easier!!! ).

My unit was down for 1 week, so I would expect a 1/4th reduction in my bill since I was without it for that much of a month, but nothing…. 

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Poor Service

DISH Employee

This is definitely not the type of experience that we would want you to have, egdan. I would be happy to take a look at your billing to see what we can do to help with this situation. Please send me a Private Message so I can look into that for you. The steps to send a PM are listed here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039