Please Wait Refresh in Progress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Wait Refresh in Progress

Wiggins
Extra
I have TWO Hopper 3 receivers. Not a Hopper and a Joey, but Two Hoppers. Around 5:30 this morning they both failed, going through a reboot cycle showing the message in the bottom right "Please Wait Refresh in Progress." Tech Support says both Hoppers must have failed at the same exact time by coincidence and are sending me 2 more Hoppers. I believe this like I believe the earth is flat. 14 hours later and I still have no TV

The only hint of a malfunction was about 2 weeks ago when about a third of my recordings would no longer play. I would select START OVER, a black screen would come up for a few seconds, then the end of recording DELETE/DVR/LIVE TV Menu would come up

Any guesses about what's going on and what I should do about?
4 Replies

Re: Please Wait Refresh in Progress

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Very few have 2 Hopper 3's as it requires a special install so probably won't be anyone to help you other than a very knowledgeable support person. I had that happen with two Hopper w/Slings 2 yrs ago, the Hopper that had the black screens was replaced - it also happened right after a software update which might have been corrupted. Way too many unknowns with two H3's.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Does a reset on either Hopper help any? I would Unplug both Hoppers from the power then after 1 minute, power on one and try to reset the other and see if you can get one to come back online. I think holding the power button on the front panel does a reset...

Wiggins
Extra
Yeah, we've done both simple resets and Unplugging both Hoppers both with Tech Support and on our own hoping to encourage an apparently non existent Patch to download that would fix it. We're closing in on 30 hours with no TV. As soon as the replacement Hoppers arrive THESE Hoppers will inexplicably start working because Irony can be pretty ironic

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
I know one thing that I ran into doing a manual update, both of my Joeys become inoperable as the update did not start immediately. Thanks to Peggy, she pointed me to a site that mentioned one solution and it did work. Not sure if this might help for you, can see while you wait for new units to arrive.

If you can leave one Hopper plugged in and see if you can get it to a idle or powered OFF state, leave the unit OFF over nite and into the next morning. It happened that when I hit the manual update, some how the joeys got out of sync with the Hopper and we had a hell of a time getting them back online. The site I was reference said to leave everything off and come back the next day. I came back the next evening after work and found the update finally happened at 4am and both Joeys were back online working again. Not sure if this will be helpful depending on the state of your units. Might do this right before you go to bed. Just leave one Hopper alone and check the next day.