Pixelation problem and HD signal loss problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pixelation problem and HD signal loss problem

Oldgar9
Extra

I live in Olympia and am having the same problem, dish guy came out and checked everfything and said nothing wrong, of course it didn't pixilate while he was here. He said the cable i'm using from the wall to the tv is not state of the art so I guess maybe with hd it needs a different cable, I will try that.

DISH Employee

Hello, Oldgar9. Pixelation is never a normal occurrence, and we want to make sure you're not experiencing an issue with your services. If the new cable doesn't help the situation please let us know, and we would be happy to help get that sorted out! 

Oldgar9
Extra

We live in the Olympia, Washington State area and have been having these problems for months now and it is getting worse. Used to be only on recordings mostly, now on regular tv. Guy was out from dish and could not find any problem, went through whole routine with chat and phone persons more than once: check this check that reset etc. nothing has fixed it.

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing pixalation issues. Lets take a look at your account to see about getting the technician back out for a second look. To access your account, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code. 

Here is steps for the how to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

tigajoe
Camera Crew

Not just the Seatle area. I live in the hi desert of Ca, My house points due south, can see for mies and miles and miles and miles. Pixulation is caused by low signal strenth ( mostly on hidef whitch comes from sat.  129) not the most powerful or reliable sat, I have beem reading over alot of forums all over the internet this is a common prob that Dish is just dancing around. They need a more reliabe sat. to put such important channels on. This is wholey their problem and they are looking around the elephant in the room, acting like it's not there......any one see the adds for Orby tv? Ive been an Dish customer for years almost since inception.I have alot of sat experiance coming from the big dish days. Bad sats come in poorly PERIOD.  

tigajoe
Camera Crew

Gerry-Seattle
Character Actor

I am having this problem in Seattle also.  I have tracked it down to the local channels only.  Occurs on King 5 and Kiro 7.  Never see it on the other channels like Fox News, CNN, Discovery, AMC, etc.  it is obiviously worse in bad weather, but occurs on clear days also, but not as bad.  This is a relatively new issue as I have had Dish here in Seattle for several years - started about 6-8 months ago.  I am convinced the the local Channel uplink is screwed up. 

Hopper 3 with sling, up to date SW, box has been in same location since inital install, satellite reception is all green.  Definitely a local TV Dish communication issue.

DISH Employee

Hi there, Gerry-Seattle! This certainly sounds like something we can look into with you. Typically we would like to do some troubleshooting with you to see if we can glean information about your issue. Are you only seeing pixelation on your channels, or do you ever see an error message on screen?

Highlighted

dbax42
Camera Crew

Greetings, 

Sorry, no solution here, as my Dish service is suffering from the same thing.  I went to the signal meter and found my channels or satellite signals are averaging in the low 40.  Check you signal strength, I believe this is my problem and even though a Tech came out and made some adjustments the signal strength is still in the Low 40s.  I am in Northern California, and cannot imagine what the reception is going to be like when the rains come.  Truly sorry I do not have an answer for you.  My Dish is pointing out to a clear blue sky, not obstrucitons and the line from dish to receiver is a short 20 feet, with no other equipment connected.  I would really appreciate a solution if you ever get one.  Sounds like we are having the same or similar problem.  If I get an answer to this I will let you know as well.  So, far the Techs are telling me 40 is the low end of acceptability, wow, when I was with Directtv my lowest signal was 78.  Hope you find a solution, Peace, Dan

dbax42
Camera Crew

What is the is the acceptable signal strength for Dish Hopper 3 HD?  I dropped Directv for Dish, and they are using the same satelites and on Directv I was getting signal strength, all above 78.  The Dish is averaging in the low 40s and occasional pixeling of the picture.  Once on one channel the screen when total blank, gree or yellowish screen and not sound for several seconds, then came back pixeling.  The pixeling is sporadic but very irrating.  Why can't I get higher signal reading?  Tech came out and told me that low 40s is the very bottom minimum, but he was not able to get it up any higher and said everything looked good.  Satellite has clear view of sky, cable is only about 20 feet from connection to receiver, not other equipment.  Something is not right, but all the Tech did was try to sell me an $35 cable that might or might not make a difference?  Please, when someone figures this out let me know.  I see that others are having a simiar problem.  I do not think it is the Satellites as Directv does not seem to be having this problem.  I am thinking it is the dish outside as the Hopper seems to be working perfectly.