Pause button on remote 54.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause button on remote 54.0

Porthos
Character Actor
Sometimes when I hit the pause button it fast-forwards and then I have to hit pause again for it to pause
8 Replies

Re: Pause button on remote 54.0

DISH Employee

That's frustrating! Do you have multiple boxes this is happening on, or just the one?

GRB1959
Audio Engineer

It also occasionally happens to me as well and then it just 'magically' fixes itself later on.  Turning the TV off and on also fixes it.  It seems like a software bug.

DISH Employee

We appreciate the additional information!

Bridge
Camera Crew
This has been reported to DISH almost a year ago and no discernible action has been taken to fix it. If you would like to see the history on the issue, go to thread “DISH Remote 54.0 Pause Error”. You can read all the things we have been told to do to try to fix it (all we’re just a waste of time) and what DISH customer service is currently telling people with this problem. (Basically they are compiling a list of customers with the issue.) Hopefully this will save you some time and frustration, albeit not fix the problem.

DISH Employee

Good morning, Bridge. We would be more than happy to assist you today. Will you please send us a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN that are on your account?

Bricks13
Extra
I am also having this problem with the pause button not actually pausing the recording, but instead it skips ahead a few seconds. Super annoying and after reading through the other thread - all 7 pages - I am astounded that this has been reported so long ago and not fixed yet.

DISH Employee

I hate to hear that you are experiencing this issue as well. Which receiver do you have?

Porthos
Character Actor

I should have been more clear. That is exactly what it does. It skips forward.