cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passthrough issue with 4K content on Hopper 3

ebaydan777
Extra

Hello!

I have an LG OLED 65" newest model with HDR, also have xbox one x which has hdr, as well as an LG SJ9 soundbar with 4k hdr passthrough.

When I connect my tv directly to the Hopper 3, the 4k channel works no problem.

But when I have it connected normally, which is TV into soundbar, soundbar out to xbox one x, xbox one x out to hopper 3. I get format not accepted on the screen and to visit the support site.

I have tuned the xbox one x to be HDR at 12-bit (the highest) settings. I have also read the SJ9 pushes HDR 10 passthrough no problem. So I am not sure what's wrong. I am using premium 4k HDMI cables throughout with 18gbps compatibility 2.0b.

What am I doing wrong??

2 Replies

Re: Passthrough issue with 4K content on Hopper 3

Chadt4141
Casting Director

Almost certainly, you’re having a handshake somewhere in the mix. If it works from Hopper to TV, then the handshake is at one of your other devices.

Re: Passthrough issue with 4K content on Hopper 3

Golfinbear21
Extra

I am having the same problem says it is not supported when I am passing through my xbox one x. Support told me to call Samsung because it’s my TVs problem and not theirs. Just wanted to post to see if anyone has successfully passed trhough their xbox x and can watch 4K HDR on Dish. Please let me know if you get it figured out. Thanks!