Pandora still not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora still not working

wb6qdi
Camera Crew

I sent messages on Nov 12th through the 14th and thought the problem would be fixed by now but it's still not working.  If I try to listen to Pandora, the screen scrolls through the different selections then a window pops up saying:

"The service provider required to perform your request is currently unavalable. . .  Please try again later."

The only way I can get Pandora to work is the reset the receiver.  After that, it works all day but stops working the very next day.  If you need to see it, I'd be happy to allow someone to sign onto my Hopper 2 and see it happen.  Any suggestions?

31 Replies

Re: Pandora still not working

DISH Employee

Good afternoon! We definitely want you to enjoy your Pandora app! Let's take a look into this. When you receive the error message on screen, is there a 3 or 4 digit error code in the top right corner? 

wb6qdi
Camera Crew

This morning Pandora worked when I first turned the receiver on.  A half hour later, I tried it and no music.  After a few seconds a window came up with error code 1599 and the receiver reset itself.  After a reset it almost always works for the rest of the day and goes bad the next morning.  I will be out the rest of today but will try it again tomorrow and let you know the error code.

DISH Employee

Thank you! The 1599 code is when the receiver hasn't been able to do a nightly update, and it's imperative the receiver is at this point allowed to complete all necessary updates otherwise the process can take longer, or other issues could occur.

Please do let me know the code you're getting from Pandora though as this will allow us to look into it further!

wb6qdi
Camera Crew

I'm not sure why the receiver didn't update at night.  We turn it off around 10 PM and it's set to update at 3AM.  Anyway, Pandora worked last night at 10 PM but this morning it went bad again.  The error code was EA531.  It's been doing this since we got the Hopper in November.  If I do a reset it will work all day again but fail tomorrow.

DISH Employee

I know that importance of having all the features of your receiver working. I'm sorry that you are having ongoing technical issues with this feature. I'd be pleased to take a closer look into this matter for you. Can you please provide me your phone number and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account? 

milleraz1
Extra

What was the outcome on this situation?  I have similar issues with Pandora.

wb6qdi
Camera Crew

I was told Dish knows about the problem and is working on it.  They said it could take several weeks for a solution.  In the mean time, I go into the diagnostics screen, down to Tools and do a reset (the one in the upper left corner of the window).  It takes about 5 minutes but after it's done, Pandora works for the rest of the day.  Not the best solution but it works while I'm waiting for a fix.

milleraz1
Extra

I ended up changing to a wired/eithernet connection as opposed to wireless.  With that, the internet signal strength doesnt fluctuate and I am able to maintain a connection to Pandora.

wb6qdi
Camera Crew

DISH told me the newest firmware update WILL fix the problem.  You have to manually tell your Hopper to download the update.  Click the HOME button on the remote 3 times.  Go down ro TOOLS and ckick in UPGRADE SOFTWARE.  It will take 20 minutes to update but will fix the problem.  In my case, I do have a wired internet connection but DISH feels my receiver was bad.  They recently replaced it but today is the first day I have it running so I don't know if Pandora works yet.  DISH has been very helpfut trying to fix this problem.