cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Pairing a 54.0 remote to a joey

Remi
Extra

I have a hopper 3 in my living room and I am using a 54. 0 remote control I have a joey connected to my TV in the bedroom with a 52. 0 remote. I am trying to pair a newly purchased 54.0 remote with my joey but can't get it to pair. I have tried unpairing my 52 remote thinking that would work but it didn't work. I there a way to pair a 54 remote with a joey?

5 Replies

Re: Pairing a 54.0 remote to a joey

Chadt4141
Supporting Role
Yes, first thing, make sure that the system info screen is not up on the Hopper. Once that is verified, go to the Joey and bring up the system info on the Joey. Press Sat button until you hear the beeping. If it will not beep, then you need to clear the remote. A Dish rep can give you those steps. I only knew the process on the 40.0. Once cleared, repeat those steps.

DISH Employee

Hello Remi, here is a direct link to information on how to pair a 54.0 remote: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/remotes/how-to/program-to-receiver. Hope this helps, please let us know if you need any additional support. 

Anomaly
Extra
I received a new 54.0 remote. Following the instructions packaged with it, I paired it with the hopper - but I want to use it with my Joey. I unpaired it from the hopper but I can’t see how to pair it with the Joey.

How can I do that? Ideally I’d like to have two remotes paired with that Joey - a 52.0 and a 54.0.

How do I do that?

Anomaly
Extra
I received a new 54.0 remote. Following the instructions packaged with it, I paired it with the hopper - but I want to use it with my Joey. I unpaired it from the hopper but I can’t see how to pair it with the Joey.

How can I do that? Ideally I’d like to have two remotes paired with that Joey - a 52.0 and a 54.0.

How do I do that?

DISH Employee

If unpaired from the Hopper, then you should be able to pair it from the System Info screen. The screen that shows the paired remotes. When unpairing the remote, be sure that you hear the 3 descending beeps.