PTAT Programs disappear and sometimes reappear

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTAT Programs disappear and sometimes reappear

danielmills
Character Actor
I recently upgraded to Hopper3. I have been having problems with episodes disappearing and sometimes reappearing. I plan to document these and share as I figure out how.
I tried posting screenshots, but the post was rejected...so I'll have to describe it.

This example is for the program Scorpion. I have 2 episodes on the DVR. Highlighting Scorpion, I can see in the right panel that episode 4 is available. Clicking on it displays the available episodes, only episode 3 is presented.

By switching to the Summary Tab, I can see and play episode 4.

The next morning episode 4 is missing. Only episode 3 is available.

My guess is the recordings are on the DVR somewhere but the interface is unable to display them.
I'll check on this over the next several days and report any new information.
16 Replies

Re: PTAT Prorgams disappear and sometimes reappear

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Is this in the PTAT folder? Or is this in the recording folder?

danielmills
Character Actor
Recording folder

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If it’s deleted, but within 8 days of the recording, it will still be found in the search and episodes area.

danielmills
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
If it’s deleted, but within 8 days of the recording, it will still be found in the search and episodes area.

Episode 4 of scorpion was recorded on 10/16. On 10/20 it disappeared and does not show up anywhere including under Episodes. Still missing today 10/21.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Search Scorpion. Should come up.

danielmills
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
Search Scorpion. Should come up.

Nice thought but episode 4 doesn't show with search. Only see episode 3 and the upcoming episode 5 to be recorded.

Re: PTAT Programs disappear and sometimes reappear

eeyoreland
Character Actor
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am having this same problem. But I'm not sure if I feel better or worse knowing someone else has the same problem. This is completely unacceptable to me. I'm so frustrated with Dish I could scream. Are others having this problem? Is Dish doing anything to resolve it? I've called them so many times and get absolutely nowhere.

danielmills
Character Actor
eeyoreland wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am having this same problem. But I'm not sure if I feel better or worse knowing someone else has the same problem. This is completely unacceptable to me. I'm so frustrated with Dish I could scream. Are others having this problem? Is Dish doing anything to resolve it? I've called them so many times and get absolutely nowhere.

I don't think we are alone. I suspect the UI is buggy and am trying something to see if my problem goes away. I'll write it up after a couple of weeks if it works, sooner if it fails, and post it.
Another user PMed me and said he is having success by leaving the PTAT recordings in the PTAT folder (not saving them). But, this solution means you have to watch them within 8 days or they are automatically deleted.

eeyoreland
Character Actor
After all my complaining to Dish, they have decided to send me a new Hopper. I have no clue if that will help given I now know other people have the same problem, but I'm game for anything at this point.