Over the air antenna

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over the air antenna

kynshiro
Camera Crew
I can't seemed to find the over the air antenna dongle or adapter. I want to reduced my bill here and there. I also want to get rid of super joey. With those two items I can save maybe 20 bucks. ATT is upgrading lines in the area but it will be a couple months before my speed is upgraded and then I will get Playstation Vue. I live out in rural area but can't seem to find the dongle for the hopper with sling on dish's site.
21 Replies

Re: Over the air antenna

We are out of stock of the OTA USB module for the Hoppers at this time
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Lennyp
Extra
Google for OTA module. The new 2 tuner version is available from 3rd party suppliers. Although currently the second tuner is not supported.

kynshiro
Camera Crew
when will it be back on stock?

scotar
Audio Engineer
Going to antenna is not going to save you anything.

If you don't subscribe to the satellite locals, you will get no guide data for OTA channels.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
scotar wrote:
Going to antenna is not going to save you anything.

If you don't subscribe to the satellite locals, you will get no guide data for OTA channels.

That's not true.

scotar
Audio Engineer
If you can they changed it. Used to be they would not give any guide data to OTA if you didn't subscribe.

Any greenies chime in here?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
scotar wrote:
If you can they changed it. Used to be they would not give any guide data to OTA if you didn't subscribe.

Any greenies chime in here?

That's how it was when Flex first released and for the few that were grandfathered into no locals, however it has since been proven that if you subbed once to the sat channels, and remove them(Flex) then the guide data remains. Plenty of support for it from users on SG.

scotar
Audio Engineer
Any update on the tuners??

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Yes, you can purchase them through a third party such as dishdepot.com and satellitesignals.com.