Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Over the air antenna

scotar
Audio Engineer
Thanks.

Got one through solidsignal.

Is dish selling them through retailers to see if they actually work before they start selling them on dish.com? :lol:

PCHearn
Costume Designer
"If you don't subscribe to the satellite locals, you will get no guide data for OTA channels." and "That's how it was when Flex first released and for the few that were grandfathered into no locals, however it has since been proven that if you subbed once to the sat channels, and remove them(Flex) then the guide data remains."

I had the Top 200 package and switched a couple of months ago to the new Flex. I did not subscribe to the local channels because I have the OTA module. And I lost the guide data for the local channels. I called Dish and asked about it and was told that since I didn't subscribe to the local channels, I don't get the guide info. I ended up paying for a subscription to the local channels because without the guide data, I couldn't setup a timer for my local channels. If someone knows for sure that I don't have to subscribe to my local channels in order to get the guide info, please let me know, because I'd like to save the monthly fee for my local channels. Thanks.

PCHearn
Costume Designer
Anyone have an answer?

If someone knows for sure that I don't have to subscribe to my local channels in order to get the guide info, please let me know, because I'd like to save the monthly fee for my local channels. Thanks.

Community Manager
Community Manager
PCHearn wrote:
Anyone have an answer?

If someone knows for sure that I don't have to subscribe to my local channels in order to get the guide info, please let me know, because I'd like to save the monthly fee for my local channels. Thanks.

You do need to be subscribed.

kynshiro
Camera Crew
Does it have to be a dish OTA product or is there another tuner we can use for over the air channels like does the hauppauge tv tuner work with dish network?

Ron12965
Character Actor
Chris S. wrote:
PCHearn wrote:
Anyone have an answer?

You do need to be subscribed.

This information is not correct. I have the flex pack and cancelled Dish locals. I am receiving all guide Information for the channels that I cancelled. I'm using the dual OTA dongle. If you need one there are several sellers on eBay.
Highlighted

Ron12965
Character Actor
kynshiro wrote:
Does it have to be a dish OTA product or is there another tuner we can use for over the air channels like does the hauppauge tv tuner work with dish network?

Many OTA dual tuners are available on eBay.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
To work with the Dish equipment, it has to be a Dish OTA module.

1oscardog1
Camera Crew
I have an OTA Dongle hooked up for quite some time and I just recently purchased the New OTA Dongle that will allow 2 channels to be recorded. Do I have to make any changes to my Hopper for the new one to work ?
Thanks -- George

scotar
Audio Engineer
Nope. I don't even think I rescanned.