Out of area commercials

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of area commercials

Helen
Character Actor

I live in Georgia and receive local channels without any problems. Since I've had the Hopper & Joeys installed (last week)  I've had a problem with commercials. When the national channels periodically go to local commercials,  I get commercials for upcoming news on Indiana news stations and ads for Indiana grocery stores, Indiana car dealers, Indiana attorneys, etc - nothing in Georgia.  These are the non-local channels.

In all the years I've had Dish, it NEVER happened until I upgraded to Hopper system. Customer Service cannot help me other than saying call the national channels.

I am wondering if I got refurbished equipment previously used and somehow programmed to the Indiana area. 

I am "technically challanged" and can't get through to Support because I don't have enough years left to wait on hold for eternity.

Any ideas?  Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Out of area commercials

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Don’t forget to mark Kudos and accepted if you accept the answers
12 Replies

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Commercials are not decided by providers, so in reality, yes you need to contact the channel owner. It’s possible it is a refurb, but after a factory reset, it will lose any identifiers.

Helen
Character Actor

OMG That's a lot of channels to call. I think I'll just wait until the next Indiana car dealership ad comes on then call them to see who their ad contact is (and maybe buy a Jeep: Smiley Happy )

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Lol. There ya go.

ZZV43701
Camera Crew

I think you maybe wrong on this one Chad.  Dish does insert ads, and I have only seen one local ne, but have seen others.

Been mentioned a few times on "that other forum" - some screw-up with Dish. 

Chadt4141
Casting Director
There are Dish inserted ads, but for those, if you skip back, the ad will be gone.

Helen
Character Actor

Today at about 4:15, Fox started a national ad and it immediately switched to a politcal ad for "elect Diego Morales, INDIANA"  Waiting for Fox to reply but when they do, I'm expecting them to say it's not them doing it.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Are you DVRing any of these Helen?

Helen
Character Actor

No, live TV

Chadt4141
Casting Director
Next time you see one, will you hit the skip back button? See if the commercial is still there. If it is, it’s a commercial for the channel. If not, it is a Dish commercial