Only 1 of 2 Hoppers w/ Sling Updating

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only 1 of 2 Hoppers w/ Sling Updating

jjrjjr
Character Actor
I have 2 Hoppers w/ Sling. One is connected to Joeys and one is not.

Only 1 of the 2 Hoppers w/ Sling updated with the new software interface (i.e. the one connected to Joeys). I have tried resetting the non-updated Hopper w/ Sling more than a dozen times via 1) MainMenu-->Settings-->Diagnostics-->ResetReceiver, 2) pushing the red reset button on the front of receiver unit, and 3) unplugging the receiver from the wall, waiting several minutes and then plugging back into wall. Over the years, I have had MANY more problems with the Hopper w/ Sling which did not receive the new software interface update and now I'm wondering if other past updates have not occurred as well.

Beginning 1/4/16 sometime after 12:30am, any new recording disappears if I reset the non-updated Hopper w/ Sling. Also, some of my old recordings I deleted prior to 1/4/16 and emptied from the Deleted folder show up again in My Recordings after the reset. Does the timing of this issue coincide with any recent updates?

What is the procedure/setting to ensure both of my Hoppers w/ Sling have been fully updated with all past and present available updates?
9 Replies

Re: Only 1 of 2 Hoppers w/ Sling Updating

DISH Employee
Please send me a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN.

jjrjjr
Character Actor
PM sent.

jjrjjr
Character Actor
Thank you for the update download instructions sent via PM. I did update one of my Hoppers w/ Sling yesterday, but I am experiencing several issues.

1) None of the content from the MY RECORDINGS folder are showing up in the new interface.

2) My receiver no longer recognizes external hard drives I have been using for an extended period of time.

3) My TIMER information did transfer. However, no scheduled recordings are taking place despite being marked with the green check mark icon and indicating the recording was "completed."

4) My GUIDE initially worked, but today the remote up and down buttons no longer work to navigate the GUIDE.

Please advise on how I should proceed. If you need to call me, please use the phone number I sent via PM yesterday. Thank you.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
FYI, when you send a PM it goes directly to the person you sent it to, the schedule shown below the employee name shows when they work so may not get back to you right away. If you need immediate help you need to find another rep that's working today.

jjrjjr
Character Actor
peggyrh wrote:
FYI, when you send a PM it goes directly to the person you sent it to, the schedule shown below the employee name shows when they work so may not get back to you right away. If you need immediate help you need to find another rep that's working today.

Thanks for the info. I sent a PM to the rep who helped me yesterday.

jjrjjr
Character Actor
As far as #4 above...I use the FAVORITE CHANNELS option for the GUIDE. I stumbled upon a short-term solution for temporarily fixing my GUIDE navigation issue. If I change the FAVORITE CHANNELS option from a customized list to "None", it refreshes the GUIDE and temporarily resolves the navigation issue. However, this is not a long-term solution since I do not want to be required to change the setting back to "None" and then immediately change it back to one of my "Lists" every time this happens which is currently multiple times per day.

As far as #3 above...I performed yet another Settings-->Diagnostics-->Receiver Tools-->Upgrade and it started recording my TIMERS as scheduled again. After this latest attempt to force update the software, the option to do so no longer shows up in the bottom right hand corner of the "Receiver Tools" menu under Diagnostics. I assume this indicates all available software updates have been downloaded and the reappearance of this option will indicate any new available software updates yet to be installed. Is this correct?

I still have not made any progress on issues #1 and #2 above.

I received a reply to my latest PM yesterday morning which stated "We will have this send to our Engineering department." I don't want to appear terribly impatient, but the last time I received this message over the phone in April 2014 I never received another response or notification advising me how to solve the issue after it was forwarded to the Engineering Department. Therefore, how will I know the remedies to fix any of the above issues after it the Engineering Department was notified? Will I get a reply to this forum thread? Receive another PM? Also, will I be notified of solutions as they become available or will notification be deferred until all of the issues have been resolved?

If I need to take further action, I am more than willing to do so. Thank you.

1) have you tried changing the sort and grouping for the receiver?

2) Does no message or anything show when the EHD is connected? If no messages, that is a known software issue.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

brackie
Extra
I am also having the same issue. The Hopper DVR with sling reset approximately 01:35 on 1/29/2017. This Hopper is in my sons room. I attempted to reset my Hopper DVR with sling utilizing the same procedures as listed in the other posts in this thread. Please respond back to my post or contact me as to how I can also resolve this issue.

salyardsjp
Character Actor
New UI and software updates are usually rolled out slowly over time based on receiver number, if these two receivers vary greatly in production date (very likely) then they would update on different schedules. This is for software and UI updates, not the daily update. Allow time for the second hopper to achieve the new update over a week or two and then see if the other issues remain. The other issues are probably just a result of both hoppers sharing the network together and having different system builds.