One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

DISH Employee

Thanks for that info! Can I get the software version on your Hopper as well so I can submit this to our Engineers to look into?

bucketnugget
Character Actor

From the Diagnostics-

Model - Hopper 3

Software Version - U517 6/1/2018, 6:38AM

Boot Strap Version - 1012

Application Software - AN324

Also, the old OTA dual tuner that was overheating was a model #212553 with serial #13798243.  I thought I threw it away but I found it behind my TV.

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

Hi Pamela. How do I determine the model of OTA tuner? Is it physically on the device?

DISH Employee

Major Havoc, it should be listed on the OTA tuner or the package that you received it in or in the manual.

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

Well, I do not see a version number. Here is what is on the tuner: 

A red Dish logo on one side.

On the other side is a sticker that says: 

212131              Product of Malaysia

(a bar code) followed by 1617

s/n                                13893725

DUAL-OTA USB ADAPTER

I cannot find my older one, but it failed too. if I find where I "hid it" I will post that here as well.

Thanks

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

Oh, I threw the package away. Never thought I might need it. Sorry. I hope you can tell from the SN though.

wrote:

Major Havoc, it should be listed on the OTA tuner or the package that you received it in or in the manual.

DISH Employee

No problem, Major Havoc! Thank you for the additional information. This will help our Engineer Team in trying to create a fix for this issue. 

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

Just curios if there has been any action on this. My tuner module (both of them) still show this issue of one tuner failing. 

Love to get a solution to this as it stops recoding OTA when it connects to the dead tuner, which is shown as active in the Activitiy List, but always comes up "searching" while the other tuner works fine. 

Thanks

DISH Employee

Our Engineering Team is still looking into this issue. They are reviewing and researching the information that they currently have to try to find a cause for this issue with the tuner. Thank you for your patience while we work towards a fix for it.

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

Thanks Jasmine. If you need more data, happy to do some testing.