One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

Mark609
Camera Crew

Just checked my settings and my email is open to those who want to write.  Don't know what's going on.

I too have the white adapter and it's the lastest version - 213648.   Works great.

BTW, credit card company or should I say the bank issuing the card quickly reversed the charges from Dish Depot. 

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

@Mark609 wrote:

Just checked my settings and my email is open to those who want to write.  Don't know what's going on.

I too have the white adapter and it's the lastest version - 213648.   Works great.

BTW, credit card company or should I say the bank issuing the card quickly reversed the charges from Dish Depot. 

Excellent news on the CC company. And I hope the white one works as well for you as for me. 

On your email, when I look at your profile, I see only your name. When I try and send a private message, your name does not show as available. What am I missing here? 

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

OK Mark, now it shows up. PM sent.

Mark609
Camera Crew

PM back at you.  Good luck!

FarmerBob
Camera Crew

I'm having problems with the 212553 that DISH installed. Don't know why they had to roll a truck and two techs that showed up with antennas, and not planning on dongles, when I have a monster on the chimney with the dishes and the call I made was about a gen 1 single adapter that had completely failed. Couldn't they have just sent it to me?

I have been reading about this and the 213502 is supposedly the latest and greatest. But I see further on in the thread that there is another, 213648? I'm gonna call and see if they'll exchange the one of two that I have.

FarmerBob
Camera Crew

@Mark609 wrote:
 . . . I just got screwed on a Dish Depot bait and switch transaction . . . 

Everyone on the "other" forums are DishDepot, DishDepot, DishDepot!! I won't do business with them. I tried to buy a second H3 and in asking about something I heard at one time about the purchased of a second H3 of a pair needed to be set up specially or have special firmware on it. I spoke with Mark on the phone and he was rude, condisending and told me that I could not buy a second H3, that DISH would not let me have 2 and that if I was trying, of which I was already approved, to do a two H3 setup, they wouldn't sell me one. FINE! Saved me a lot of trouble. So I went to SolidSignal.com and they were not only great, the first unit I got made a strange noise and they decided to exchange it at no cost to me. They had one to me in two days and the instuctions on how to migrate one to another. I also found a prepaid return label in the box. They are great and I never hear them mentioned. And they are cheaper than DD.

tyork
Camera Crew

I had a pervasive problem with one of the dual OTA tuners going to sleep. Dish brought out and installed the 213502 dongle about a month ago. I'm happy to report I have had no further problems !! The OTA tuner 213648 is referred to as the "white dongle". It can be purchased from AirTV that as I understand is a Dish owned company. I can't speak to the functional differences with the 213502 if any but another person in the thread did purchase one and indicated so far so good. 

FarmerBob
Camera Crew

@Mark609 wrote:
. . . Thanks for caring.

BTW, ya'lls service is really top notch.  A few weeks ago I had problems getting the numbers in writing for a new Hopper3 and Joey4K system from 3 DISH reps.  An email to your ceo addy and Brian quickly replied giving me a blow by blow summary of the charges for the 2 yr. committment.  He's been superb even sending us a box of Mrs. Field's cookies.  The red lid with the DISH logo is a nice touch.  Cookies are incredible too . . .

I'm so sorry to "Hijack" or go off on a tangent and apologize profusely, but . . .

WOW!!!  Wish I could have gotten that kind of treatment when an install "Retention" set up that when executed turned into "THE INSTALL FROM HELL!!" and I have had some really bad install experiences with DISH. This was last February and we decided to wait until Spring so the installer wouldn't have to work in the cold and snow. I verified the Job Notes 4 times over the course of 4 months, since I was told that I could not get a hard copy of the notes (fearing, knowing, that this would go awry), and the 4th time is when I made the appointment to have the work done, all the notes were still there and correct. A week later when the day came I had a Supervisor, Training Tech, Tech and follower show up because there were no job notes in the account except that a 40' ladder would be needed, thus the Super and Training Tech. Nobody had any idea what was going on, we had to spend hours on the phone, of which the Techs phone died and I had to loan him a charger. Finally after talking to many people we ended up with a rude Asian gentleman that made renegotiate a whole new deal on the spot so the installer could finish the 7/8's done job and get paid for it. The Super and Training Tech ran the second things went pear shaped. The "Follower" decided not to work for DISH after this. AND I had to redo the work that the Training Tech did at the dish.

A "We're Sorry" and some cookies would have been nice. Maybe not the cookies, since my sister bakes professionally, I'm biased and the Installer and Co thought they were great. Yes, I fed them since I felt so sorry about how they were treated through the course of this thing. But if I could only have gotten the Job Notes in print as I originally asked for, it would have saved me and all invovled a ton of grief. The feeling of "Christmas" I once had about the install was eviscerated and has never come back. I'm not as "squishy" about DISH as I use to be for the past 23ish years.

StanD
Character Actor

My OTA #213293 skips finding channels with a "9" in the units postion, but finds all the others in my area.

I am curious as how you determine one tuner is not working?

StanD
Character Actor

I have the 213502 ordered. It supposedly fixes the heat problem.