cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

FarmerBob
Camera Crew

@StanD wrote:

My OTA #213293 skips finding channels with a "9" in the units postion, but finds all the others in my area.

I am curious as how you determine one tuner is not working?

The "9" thing is really strange, but not surprising. To check the tuners, set up a PIP with two screens and set each one to a different OTA channel. If one fails, it's a bad tuner.

tyork
Camera Crew

Hi, the most obvious thing in my case was missing recordings. I would have recordings scheduled for an OTA channel and the next day the recording would not be there. When I looked at the timer details it would show that the timer started and stopped but the recording status would say "not applicable". This was due to the OTA tuner assisgned to the recording being "asleep or dead" if you will. It would not "wake up" until the Hopper did it's nightly update and reset. 

bucketnugget
Character Actor

Major-

I noticed that you purchased the AirTV white adapter a few weeks ago.  Just curious if it is truly a "magic pill" that just works or if it has the some of the same shortcomings of the old adapters?  I'm still rebooting my Hopper + (old) adapter around 4pm and noticed that the 2nd tuner still stops working occassionally.  And, just to be sure, the AirTV adapter is shown with a pigtail on the AirTV website and costs $29.99?  They have another adapter on their site that is $19.99 without a pigtail, but it looks like it is only a single tuner.  Thanks for the info.

Mark609
Camera Crew

AirTV and DISH installers are selling or installing the latest release - #213648.  213502 works too according to the latest anecdotal evidence I've read.  Old adapter models are - 212553, 212131, 213293.  Models are sequential in numbering with the ***648 being the latest, or was about a month ago.

Thanks to the great customer service at Mastercard a dispute was filed against Dish Depot and I immediately got a credit to my account.  Mark at DD never bothered to return my calls or make any contact and right now I could care less as the new white AirTV adapter is working just fine with our Hopper3 and Joey4K.

Highlighted

Mark609
Camera Crew

BTW, the white AirTV model I mentioned is the dual tuner.  Works as designed.  We also get 2 weeks info in the GUIDE which is nice.

Also, AirTV's customer service is second to none.  I was going to send it back before I had the switcharoo problem with Dish Depot.  They even sent me a prepaid return label and offer a 30 day return customer satisfaction drill.  Now that's how you make and keep new customers!

StanD
Character Actor

I contacted AirTV on the phone. The rep there was unaware that the AIrTV adapter would work on the Dish Hopper 3. He did a check and said that the Dish and AirTV adapters were the same manufacturer. The AirTV dual adapter is 1/2 the price of the ones for DIsh. Anyway I ordered one as you can return them if inside of 30 days if not compatible.

I have also ordered the 213504 off of Ebay. I'll gift one of them to my daughter if they both work.

My problem seems unique in that my 213293 Dish adapter skips three very strong local channels 19.1 ABC, 19.2 C, and 19.3 Stadium. My TV sees them fine.

Dl
Extra

Currently using hopper 2000, bought a dish dual ota  #213293 for my locals thinking I would have two tuners available for my locals, only shows up as one tuner on tv, just wondering if I need to upgrade to hopper 3 to get the two tuners. Thank

DISH Employee

The Hopper 2000 will only receive one OTA tuner, but our Hopper Duo, Hopper with Sling, and Hopper 3 boxes will receive two. Private Message us if you'd like to be upgraded! You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Major Havoc
Visual Engineer
What does this mean? If I'd like what to be upgraded? I have purchased 4 tuners so far. The most recent (talked about above) seems to be working for now. But if you are now telling me that you will update old ota tuners for free, then I have three that dont work. So what exactly are you offering g here? Thank you

DISH Employee

Major Havoc, If you have a Hopper 2000 which only can get one OTA Tuner and would like an additional one, we can look at getting you upgraded to either the Hopper Duo, Hopper Sling or Hopper 3.