One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

DISH Employee

I am glad to hear that  it is working. I want to thank you for providing the feedback, as for it may help someone else that is experiencing the exact same issue. Keep us in the loop should any other hiccups occur. Would there be anything else I can help with today? 

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

@Mark609 wrote:

So #213502 IS the newest?   That's what I thought based on a lot of research leading up to my decision to buy this model.  Previous models have had their problems as everyone knows.

I just got screwed on a Dish Depot bait and switch transaction.  Mark, owner of Dish Depot told me on Nov. 12 that they had this model, said it's been out only about a month.  So excited to buy....I did.  He shipped the next day.  What did I get?  #213293   Their email response for a refund includes no shipping back coverage plus a 20% restocking fee.  I'm just furious.  It's not the money, it's the principle.  I don't want the 213293, period and was promised the 213502.   Add insult to injury the USPS box it came in was received crushed with a USPS note in red ink on the box "received in damaged condition".  I have photos to prove all of the above.

Any suggestions of how to get some honest and decent service from them would  be appreciated. 

Hi Mark. I am sorry you did not read the entire thread, as I have posted that a large batch of tuners marked on the outside as 213502 are actually older versions.  Im sorry you did not see this in advance. 

If the box was damaged, just call UPS and tell them that the unit is damaged and you are rejecting the shipment. That will open a claim and Dish Depot will have to get involved. 

Also, if they did not send you what you ordered (be sure that you were sure they were sending you a 213502), you need to demand that they take it back as they used bait and switch (probably not, I bet they did not know) and open a BBB complaint. You can also contact the DA in their home town and report the sale as fraud.  I will tell them that is what you plan to do before doing any of that.

I would also contact your credit card company and tell them that you did not get what you ordered and they refuse to take it back. Contest thet charge. That too will get their attention. 

As for a replacement, look through this thread for talk of the White tuner from AirTV. I just bought one, and it is even newer (213648) than the 213502 model as far as I can tell. It is installed and working well. 

Good luck.

Mark609
Camera Crew

I did read the thread, thanks.   I filed a credit card dispute and was told to expect a full refund within 48 hrs.  Dish Depot is unresponsive.  This is now their problem, not mine.

The AirTV adapter is the latest release which matches what DISH installers are now using plus it's half the cost.

Thanks!

bucketnugget
Character Actor

For all of us that have the non-working/defective dual OTA tuners, is there a way to exchange them with Dish for free or cheap so we no longer have problems or issues receiving and recording local channels?

DISH Employee

I am sorry that you OTA is not working properly I'd be happy to take a look to see what your options are at this item. Can you please send me a private message that includes your phone number, and 4-digit security pin so that I may access your account?

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

@bucketnugget wrote:

For all of us that have the non-working/defective dual OTA tuners, is there a way to exchange them with Dish for free or cheap so we no longer have problems or issues receiving and recording local channels?

If they finally say yes, I am going to be REALLY PISSED as this white tuner will be my 4th purchase of a tuner for my Hopper3. 

I do know that I talked to the Office of The President at Dish, and the woman I talked to was not ready to pay for anything sadly. Even when I suggested that I would have to buy a new tuner again, she made no offer to pay for it. 

So Dish, if there is now a program in palce to replace these bad tuners, I would like to send a few of mine back for a refund. 

Mark609
Camera Crew

Hi, give me a private email account to write you with a solution which may help. 

Highlighted

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

"Hi, give me a private email account to write you with a solution which may help."

Mark, who are you requesting that from? 

Mark609
Camera Crew

You.  I know someone that can help.

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

Hi Mark. The new White Tuner is working perfectly, but i am curious to what ideas you have. I WOULD send you a PM here with my email,  but it seems you have priviate messages turned off, so I can't send to you.