One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dead.”

Mark609
Camera Crew

So #213502 IS the newest?   That's what I thought based on a lot of research leading up to my decision to buy this model.  Previous models have had their problems as everyone knows.

I just got screwed on a Dish Depot bait and switch transaction.  Mark, owner of Dish Depot told me on Nov. 12 that they had this model, said it's been out only about a month.  So excited to buy....I did.  He shipped the next day.  What did I get?  #213293   Their email response for a refund includes no shipping back coverage plus a 20% restocking fee.  I'm just furious.  It's not the money, it's the principle.  I don't want the 213293, period and was promised the 213502.   Add insult to injury the USPS box it came in was received crushed with a USPS note in red ink on the box "received in damaged condition".  I have photos to prove all of the above.

Any suggestions of how to get some honest and decent service from them would  be appreciated. 

DISH Employee

Mark609, I know how frustrating this all is. Getting one thing when expecting something different would drive me crazy. At this point, I suggest contacting them personally. Have you tried calling speaking to Mark again?

Mark609
Camera Crew

Just tried and I got his answering service.  When I responded to his email I left my phone number.  Crickets.   Another thing that bothers me is he replied in CAPS that there is a 20% restocking fee.  No where on his site does it stipulate such terms.   NO transparency.   Should have ordered it from ebay. 

RETURN POLICY: YOU MAY RETURN ANY ITEM WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE.  20% RESTOCKING FEE WILL APPLY. 
IF ITEM IS DEFECTIVE UPON RECEIPT, DISH DEPOT WILL REPLACE WITHIN 30 DAYS.

Thanks for caring.

BTW, ya'lls service is really top notch.  A few weeks ago I had problems getting the numbers in writing for a new Hopper3 and Joey4K system from 3 DISH reps.  An email to your ceo addy and Brian quickly replied giving me a blow by blow summary of the charges for the 2 yr. committment.  He's been superb even sending us a box of Mrs. Field's cookies.  The red lid with the DISH logo is a nice touch.  Cookies are incredible too.

Thanks

Mark

DISH Employee

Mark609, it is my pleasure.

I am glad we were able to get your questions answered to your satisfaction as well as provide you with a few goodies. 

Can you keep me posted on how this turns out?

Mark609
Camera Crew

Yes.   Right now I'm on the phone filing a dispute with my credit card bank.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

AWESOME! Wishing you nothing but the best of luck!

tyork
Camera Crew

It looks like Dish Depot's website is https://dishdepot.com/  I see that they are on Facebook and Twitter, @dishdepot, I'd suggest you give this guy some public publicity on his social sites so people can see how he conducts business.  That's really bad when you asked for a specific PN and he acknowledged it. Some of us could chime in as well. Visibilty works !!

Mark609
Camera Crew

Have already hit one satelite forum. Will wait until Friday to see how this plays out and then hit the social platforms.

DISH Employee

We  are here for you if Friday does not bring the resolution that you are expecting please feel free to reach out to us. 

Major Havoc
Cinematographer

My pleasure. (DO me a favor and hit that Kudos button as well since that tells Dish I am doing their job!  :-)

The tuner is still running well. It is very warm, but not as hot as the previous version. 

One thing I did see is that some of my locals did not come back. I had to rotate my antenna a bit to get them to show up. Maybe this tuner is not quite as sensitive as the previous one? I do not know. 

But it is working so far one day now.