On Demand missing espiodes from tv series

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand missing espiodes from tv series

camille
Extra
I am a 10 yr customer of Dish with the first Hooper with sling and I am very upset with Dish. I was binge watching The Leftovers on HBO but when I got to season 3 episode 3 to download from ondemand it was not there,also 4,5,and 6 was missing but 7 and 8 was there. First I called HBO and they said to call my provider Dish, called Dish and they said they release it when they get it from HBO so HBO must not have send it so this rep then put me on hold and called HBO,came back to me and said they are aware of problem and trying to fix and that I should keep bugging HBO for a time when it would be fixed. Called HBO right back and told them what he said and the rep said he lied as that the problem is with Dish and that I should call back and talk to supervisor as the reps do not understand the OnDemand. Called Dish back and ask for a sup and explained problem and he states that he would send message to top level but when I insisted to talk to a sup he put me on hold and when a person came back on the line it sounded like the same person that I was talking to. This person then stated he would forward problem to the top but no one can fix over the phone or tell me when I can finish watching the show. He gave me a free month of Cinamax for my troubles. I will be looking for another provider as this is crazy.
2 Replies

Re: On Demand missing espiodes from tv series

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The rep was not incorrect. Dish, and all other providers, will make the content available as it is received. Channels will sometimes withhold episodes, to drive traffic to their streaming service. In this case, it would be HBOGo. There is no benefit in Dish withholding episodes, but there is great benefit in HBO withholding episodes from on demand. When talking with both sides, ask that question. "Who serves to benefit"

Re: On Demand missing espiodes from tv series

DISH Employee
I have just checked here on our Hopper system and I am seeing The Leftovers Season 3 Episode 3 available to watch for Free On Demand. Did you try to reset the Hopper system to make sure it was available and able to play?