On Demand gives server error but connection is great??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: On Demand gives server error but connection is great??

MoonOwlG
Extra

I'm having a similar problem! Ever since I got Dish back in November, when I go into VOD I have a 50/50 chance of it working. I consistently get a Server Connection Failure (error 145) when I try to use VOD and, if I do get in, it will happen for certain at some point while I'm navigating through the VOD menu. I've been on the phone with Dish a lot and they have no clue how to fix the problem, they've checked everything. The Hopper says it has a good connection and my upload/download speed is fine from my internet. They've rebooted the hopper and it may work for a little bit or just starts right back in with the problem. They've replaced the router with one of their own that they swore would do the trick. They've even replaced the Hopper saying it was defective. Nothing. And it does it on the Joeys too. I'm getting pretty frustrated with their inability to solve my problem! I'm wondering if it's not a modem or internet issue on the customer end but an internal problem/bug with Dish.

cbrunk
Extra

Has anyone found a solution to this problem (specific error code 76 - OD timeout)? I've called technical support on this several times. I go through a ton of troubleshooting with them, get escalated and then told I'll hear back and never do. Over a year now and three attempts to resolve this. I currently use a cable modem (Surfboard 6141), a Netgear R7000 router and very fast Internet. Everything else works well, including Netflix via the Hopper 3. I will order a new modem and/or make a direct ethernet cable connection if someone can confirm that worked for them and tell me the specifics of which they switched to. Much thanks!

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hi there, Cbrunk! I am sorry to hear that this has been an ongoing issue for you. I'd like to take a closer look at your account and specific equipment, can you please send a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code? You can follow the steps to send a private message here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039 

cbrunk
Extra

The surfboard cable modem was indeed the issue! Got a new Netgear cable modem today and voila, I've got On demand!!