On Demand function

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Demand function

lcivick
Extra
I use the Dish Hopper. Occasionally in the past I have noticed that the On Demand function on my DVR has quit working for all the various choices. When I go to an On Demand choice (either through the On Demand choice on the Home Menu or through the individual On Demand channels - like National Geographic, Comedy, etc) and I click on the rent button, nothing happens. On some channel choices, like EPIX, it goes through a few additional steps - "rent HD" or "rent SD" - "You have chosen to rent...blah blah...yes/no" but clicking button still does nothing.

Any suggestions? The internet connection shows as functioning (green bars all the way).
3 Replies

Re: On Demand function

Chadt41411
Casting Director
When it's not working, go to a separate device such as computer or phone connected to the same internet connection. Go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. What are your speeds?

lcivick
Extra
43 dl / 11/ ul.

The On Demand rent button (both the SD choice and the HD choice) behaves like the button has no assigned function.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
lcivick wrote:
43 dl / 11/ ul.

The On Demand rent button (both the SD choice and the HD choice) behaves like the button has no assigned function.

I just experienced that tonight. The work around was to find that movie at channel 501.