Odd Hopper 3/Joey Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Hopper 3/Joey Problem

shabadoo25
Camera Crew
I'm a new customer and we've had Dish for a month and we are largely happy with the equipment and services.

However, we experienced a weird problem yesterday afternoon.

Items in our H3 DVR list were just plain unavailable. The DVR would show 20 episodes of my daughter's Peppa Pig show recorded, but after selecting the show, the green "please wait" bars would run across the screen endlessly without ever bringing up the episode list.

This seemed to primarily affect shows with multiple recorded episodes. Shows with one ep available would play as normal.

Along with this, going back and forth on the Joey from Live TV to DVR recordings would cause hangups and eventually a Joey reboot.

I ended up rebooting the H3 and everything was available again.

Is this a known bug?
3 Replies

Re: Odd Hopper 3/Joey Problem

Benitagia
Extra
We cannot watch anything that we recorded and Dish on Demand will load, but no sound. Tech support say it must be a corrupted file or something. Have to send out a tech but would lose all the shows that I haven't been able to watch. NOT COOL!! I have had dish for years and have had more problems in the last 2 months then I have had in all those years.

e38BimmerFN
Cinematographer
Has the Hopper been power cycled or rebooted or done a partial factor reset.

I can see items on my list and view them.

Benitagia wrote:
We cannot watch anything that we recorded and Dish on Demand will load, but no sound. Tech support say it must be a corrupted file or something. Have to send out a tech but would lose all the shows that I haven't been able to watch. NOT COOL!! I have had dish for years and have had more problems in the last 2 months then I have had in all those years.

DISH Employee
Benitagia wrote:

I do understand your frustration. However, since you do have a corrupted file, the recordings may be affected. In the future, you can purchase an external hard drive to be able to transfer your recordings.