OTA recording problem is back

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OTA recording problem is back

Wallybunker
Costume Designer
Since my original post - I installed a dual dongle - the guide issue resolved as did the ability to record OTA channels, although i don't do it often. Maybe mybsotuation was an anamoly due to a new system as Peggy noted.

rainwadj
Character Actor
I’m having the same problem as others have reported: My OTA channels all appear fine when I watch them live, and they all have good signal strength. But recordings from those stations pixelate and drop audio every few seconds.

As suggested in earlier posts, I’ve checked the physical connection, and also rescanned channels. It’s also not weather-related (clear skies here for the last few days) or distance-related (my house is 1/2 mile from the CW station’s transmitter).

Any suggestions?
Highlighted

hartbow
Camera Crew
I had a similar experience with the single OTA tuner but not the dual. What version of software is on your receiver?

rainwadj
Character Actor
I think I have U237. If that doesn’t sound right, I’ll have to check it when I get home.

My OTA tuner is the single version.

thestockmann
Extra
Has there ever been a responce from Dish on the issue of OTA breaking at a regular interval?
I upgraded from Hopper 2 to Hopper 3 thinking it was the speed of the Hopper 2 but now I have the same issue. My Signal strength if 100% but the picture and sound freeze once every few seconds for a brief time (watching live or recorded). Quite annoying. This issue only occurs on the Joey boxes. Watching the Hopper 3 the OTA channels work fine. If I join the hopper 3 from the joeys, they then work fine. I believe it is a software issue since the OTA worked fine until the major upgrade about 2 months ago.

Another issue is here in the Washington DC/Balt area, there is both WDCA channel 20 (broadcast 35) and WQAW Channel 69 (Broadcast 20). Problem the hopper 3 does not seem to map to channel 69 so 69 shows up on channel 20 and the channel 20 is missing. This occurred when I upgraded to Hopper 3 last week. Hopper 2 worked fine. I miss WDCA channel 20! Note WQAW is a low power local station.

DougDS
Extra
I am having this exact problem. Joey tuned into OTA channel has consistent audio/video chop every few seconds during live viewing on the Joey. Everything works fine on the Hopper. If I tune the hopper to the same channel as the Joey, the problem goes away. Not very convenient. I have not tried recording and playback of the OTA from the Joey.

RLAMBS
Extra
Looks like a common problem created by last firmware update. Dish needs to recognize for those of us unable to install dish necessary to receive locals in HD the OTA solution is our only option and if they want to stay with Dish they need to show some concern and fix this glitch.

Has their been a response from dish ?

Does anyone know a solution beside switching service to Cable or Direct TV ?

Steve_S
Extra

I am having the same OTA recording problems.  Signal strength is 100 and I can watch live OTA channels on the Hopper just fine.  When I try to record an OTA channel, its unwatchable.  Ive tried Dish Chat Support and have gotten no where with anyone there.    

Jwf
Extra

Has anyone heard from Dish?  This problem has been going on for over a year it seems.  I am getting pretty pissed at this point.  THe main reason I got the OTA was to be able to record shows and have an extra tuner.

BigB
Extra

I also are having the same problem with the dual OTA adapter. Tried two different addapters. When selecting an OTA ch most of the time it would come up with an error message saying

OTA CHANNEL SIGNAL LOSS 739

ATTEMPTING TO GET SIGNAL

signal level would be 80-100 and would say SIGNAL OKAY

the circle in the middle of the message would go around and around as if it was trying to find a signal even though it says signal level okay.

I called Dish. Explained to a CSR. She dispatched a tech. When the tech arrived he had an old first virsion single OTA addapter so we tried it and it works perfectly. The problem is it is a SINGLE tuner OTA addapter instead of a DUAL. When i upgraded to the Hopper from the VIP722, witch had a dual OTA tuner in it, I expected to have the same flexabilaty of viewing while recording a second OTA ch at the same time.

HELLO DISH ENGINEERING.......YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!! FIX IT!!!!!!