OTA problem with HWS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA problem with HWS

jscudder
Character Actor
This problem has just started in the past few weeks. My Hopper with Sling with Software version U237 and Single tuner OTA module are suddenly not working very well. The OTA signals (known to be strong) pixelate and the sound cuts in and out. Previously, maybe as far back as a month ago, OTA channels came in very nicely. Now they are unwatchable.

On the Satellite Guys forums there have been some discussion of recent software updates causing reception problems with the Hopper 3. Apparently the same glitch is also affecting the HWS. Can anyone shed some light on this?

John Scudder
20 Replies

Re: OTA problem with HWS

We do not have any know issues with OTA reception. Have you tried a different USB port for the module, resets and rescanning?
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

wdavis9
Character Actor
My HWS has been doing this on OTA recordings since the U237 update. Have done all you suggested and nothing works. I don't see how you have not heard of this problem. It is all over the SatelliteGuys fourm.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
For it to be a known issue, it does need to be able to be reproduced in the "lab"

jscudder
Character Actor
Matt...I also tried the other USB port, reboot and rescan with no improvement. OTA is almost useless now.

Here is the latest discussion or this problem on Satellite Guys: https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thread ... in.371429/

tpribors
Costume Designer
Here is yet another independent report of the OTA signal quality issue. I wish DISH would collect the reports and treat this as a live problem. I think this is #5. Also, this is reported against the Hopper With Sling whereas mine is with the Hopper 3.

To the original poster: None of the suggested things, ie, rebooting without the dongle, adding the dongle and rescan, switching USB ports, etc. will have any effect on this problem. Everyone has tried all of those multiple times to no avail.

tpribors
Costume Designer
Matt G wrote:
We do not have any know issues with OTA reception. Have you tried a different USB port for the module, resets and rescanning?

That is simply not true. I have reported this problem myself and also posted to other reports. Search for my username.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
tpribors wrote:
Matt G wrote:

That is simply not true. I have reported this problem myself and also posted to other reports. Search for my username.

They are talking about on the known issue list. That is not the same as you reporting something.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It would have to be able to be reproduced in the lab or affect a significant number of customers reported..

Just FYI I am having OTA issues looked into further. I will post again if I need more info
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator