cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OTA problem with HWS

tpribors
Audio Engineer
Matt G wrote:
Just FYI I am having OTA issues looked into further. I will post again if I need more info

Thanks Matt!
Highlighted

mattpsu03
Extra
My Hopper 3 does the same thing with the OTA module. However, the sound cutting out/pixelation only occurs while watching DVR'd content that was recorded OTA... It's been this way for about a year.

jscudder
Character Actor
Is anyone having these same issues with the newer dual tuner OTA dongle? I am wondering if an upgrade of the OTA adapter is in order.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
Matt G wrote:
Just FYI I am having OTA issues looked into further. I will post again if I need more info

I lost my previous password and apparently it can't be reset so I'm marking with my new username and subscribing.

Has any progress been made on this issue? There was a software update on 10/11 that did not fix it.

mmurphmsu
Extra
I'm having the same issue with my Hopper 3 and OTA recording. I did a chat a few weeks ago and they acted like it wasn't a known issue. I wish there was some kind of fix for this. I record CW channels and its irritating that the sound keeps cutting out and the picture keeps pixelating.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
mmurphmsu wrote:
I'm having the same issue with my Hopper 3 and OTA recording.[b:rs23p24y] I did a chat a few weeks ago and they acted like it wasn't a known issue. I wish there was some kind of fix for this.[/b:rs23p24y] I record CW channels and its irritating that the sound keeps cutting out and the picture keeps pixelating.

Yes, you aren't the only one. Several of us have been trying to characterize this for some months now. I'll have another post in a few minutes with some new info.

jscudder
Character Actor
Fingers crossed but since the latest HWS update to u241 the OTA pixelation has stopped. All OTA channels seem be working fine. Time will tell though.

Mikssa
Extra
After reading the whole post, we will be able to fix the same issue in easy way. several useful tips to learn in this field. Thanks.

jscudder
Character Actor
One strange lingering problem. OTA channels will still pixelate on the Dish Anywhere app. However if I tune to that same OTA station on the Hopper while still watching Dish Anywhere, the pixelation on Dish Anywhere stops and the picture is solid.

The OTA stations on the Joey are as soild as on the Hopper, but tuning to the OTA station on the Joey does not stop the pixelation on the Dish Anywhere picture.

jscudder
Character Actor
jscudder wrote:

The OTA stations on the Joey are as soild as on the Hopper, but tuning to the OTA station on the Joey does not stop the pixelation on the Dish Anywhere picture.

Okay I take that back. The Joey picture does pixelate if the Hopper is not ttuned to the same OTA station. In addition a Hopper DVR OTA program will pixelate. I will try tuning the Hopper to that OTA station prior to the recording to see if that makes a difference.