OTA module for Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA module for Hopper 3

Landshark
Extra
Is Dish even making these anymore? ABC is currently blacked out, but I at least wanted to be prepared for the next blackout ....

OTA module is not listed on Dish's site to purchase. Saw some on ebay, but there are like $62+ ... I thought Dish sold them for around $35?

Thanks for any help ....
9 Replies

Re: OTA module for Hopper 3

We are currently out of stock of them. There will be a new USB OTA adapter but we do not have a release date.

Chances are you can connect an OTA straight to your TV
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

RickObe
Visual Engineer
I just bought one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ ... UTF8&psc=1

And this antenna: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N2 ... UTF8&psc=1

Not cheap, but at least I'm back in business with ABC.

hddn
Visual Engineer
The old OTA adapter that Dish sold was single tuner. The new one is dual tuner but software to actually make the 2nd tuner work has not arrived yet.

For some reason it has appeared at some Dish retailers before Dish. Maybe Dish is waiting for the dual tuner software before they ship them to reduce support calls about why only one tuner is working?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
it's $70 at Dish Depot with free shipping

BillC4
Camera Crew
I just received my new OTA module. It still doesn't record two OTA channels at one time, but this change isn't due until a software update in May 2017.
I bought the module from MST Satellites in Kansas City. It was $59.99 plus $2.80 shipping. It arrived by first class mail in 3 days.

Gcatlett
Character Actor
Will this ota module send the signal from my hopper 3 to my joey? Sorry for hijacking the thread. :)

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Gcatlett wrote:
Will this ota module send the signal from my hopper 3 to my joey? Sorry for hijacking the thread. :)

Yes. Both the USB OTA modules will.

0Jenroc
Extra
I would see if you can first qualify in your area

0Jenroc
Extra
Yes it will