OTA broken up on Joeys unless Hopper is turned on

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA broken up on Joeys unless Hopper is turned on

Blackwine1
Extra

OTA channels on Joey's are choppy, unless i turn on the hopper and tune it to an OTA station

Once that is done the OTA stations are fine on all the joey's. I can turn the hopper off, and the joey's still work fine, I can change channels on the Joey's to different OTA stations and they are fine.

I just have to turn the hopper on once to an OTA station and everything works fine.

The OTA channels are at 100 %. And run fine on the hopper.

Think I have software version 508

9 Replies

Re: OTA broken up on Joeys unless Hopper is turned on

We do have a known issue where the OTA pixilation is just at the Joeys and we do hope that this can be resolved soon.

---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Steve_S
Extra

Any update on the fix for the OTA pixelation problem with the Joey's?  As stated above, the Hopper must be tuned to an OTA channel for a good picture on the Joey.  Same probem when trying to record an OTA channel on the Hopper. 

DISH Employee

Our Engineering Team is still working on finding a resolution to this issue. At this time, we do not have an estimated fix schedule date. 

Jim5506
Camera Crew

Well, now its June and this has been a known problem since February.

Any update on when this might be fixed.

OTA channels are unwatchable on the Joey unless you get up, go to the other room, interrupt the Mrs's watching, tune the Hopper to an OTA chanel then give control back to the Mrs.

Spend more time fixing bugs rather than making recording Icons unreadable and other "improvements".

Getting VERY frustrated.

DISH Employee

Hello, we are still working hard on getting the OTA issue resolved. As of now we do not have an expected timeline when it will get resolved. We unfortunately have taken longer than expected and we are doing our bet to get this resolved in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience through this process.

Cocey2002
Character Actor

It’s July and I’m still having this issue. This has been a known problem to close to a year. What is the status of the update to fix?

DISH Employee

Hello, Cocey2002. I did check if we have an updated timeline on when this will be fixed. Currently, we do not have one. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, and thank you for your patience as we work to get this resolved. 

Jim5506
Camera Crew

With the latest Hopper software update, it appears this problem may be fixed.

DISH Employee

That is great to hear, Jim5506! Thank you for that update.