OTA Module Question

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA Module Question

w1ksz
Camera Crew
I have an OTA Module in my VIP722K DVR. When I first started with Dish I got my Local Channels OTA.

The recent 20% increase in Local Program Charges (not sure when the change from OTA to Satellite
occurred) got me examining my bill again.

How do I get back to receiving Local Channels OTA ? The Antenna and Cable still exists. Also, if I
go back to receiving Local Channels OTA, will that Local Programming charge be removed from my Bill ?

Thanks,

Richard S.
Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: OTA Module Question

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Locals got separated last year. You can remove the locAls and use OTA only. There is a chance you do lose guide data as well.
5 Replies

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Locals got separated last year. You can remove the locAls and use OTA only. There is a chance you do lose guide data as well.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
I've been using an antenna for years, mainly because I receive many sub channels that dish does not carry. I found out that we didn't have to pay for locals anymore, so I dropped locals two months ago., reducing my bill by $10 If you attach the antenna co-ax to the TV 'ant.in', you use the TV remote 'input' to change to local TV You can use the TV remote to view a local program guide. [don't forget to do a channel scan]

w1ksz
Camera Crew
I ordered an Indoor Antenna from Amazon. Will be interesting to see how it works.

BTW, with the latest round of price increases, they are charging $12/month (a 20%
increase !!) for Local Channels.

I'll have the new Antenna paid off in 4 months.

Thanks for the responses.

Richard

Chadt41411
Casting Director
If you want to see what kind of antenna you need, check out antennaweb.org

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
Using an indoor antenna may cause disappointment with what channels you will or will not receive. If the transmission tower is over 5 miles distance or a hilly area or antenna not near a window, you might not get any reception. Digital is not like analog where you might get a noisy [snow] With digital, it's yes or no.