OTA Cable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA Cable

bbadem
Extra
I had a cable to my OTA attached to the tv in the bedroom. The last time a tech was here to install a joey in the bedroom. I told him not to use the ota cable, when I disconnected the joey I found out he used the ota cable, now I can't watch the bedroom tv as I have no cable to the ota, just a useless cable to dish that goes nowhere. I have requested that dish send someone out to put the cable back to my ota. No one has even replied to my request much less setting up an appointment. I will not pay for a tech to come out here, as I told him not to use the ota cable and he did anyway. How do I get dish to send a tech here to fix the cable?
2 Replies

Re: OTA Cable

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You don't. Unfortunately when you signed the work order, you signed that all work was done to your satisfaction. With OTA being 3rd party, youd have to arrange it to be taken care of on your own.

Re: OTA Cable

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
When you refer to 'ota cable' I assume you mean local tv with an antenna. If you connect the antenna wire to the TV 'ant. in', usually the top connection, press input on your TV remote and choose 'TV' you will see all local channels. I''ll assume the wire comes from a wall outlet. If you live in a house with a garage, the cable splitter is above. The Joey installer may have switched a wire or two. You have to trace the wires to the antenna to make sure you have a straight path from antenna to TV