OTA Antenna installed by dish

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTA Antenna installed by dish

WORLDRICH
Character Actor

Why do I have to reset the Hopper nearly  every day to watch the OTA channels?

Tags (3)
16 Replies

Re: OTA Antenna installed by dish

DISH Employee

Hey WORLDRICH; are you  getting a particular error message or are they just missing from the guide?

WORLDRICH
Character Actor

When I turn on the TV with the hopper remote the ota channels are visible on the guide but when  i select an OTA channel like channel 8 ABC  the screen says no signal. I have to press the reset button on the Hopper to get the OTA channels to tune in.  This happens about 80% of the time when I turn on the TV and enter the OTA channel or select one from the guide. This only happens the first time I turn on the TV with the hopper each day.

DISH Employee

I'm going to attempt to research this a bit further for you. If we are not able to find any information on a possible solution, we will be sure to get this feedback forwarded to our Tech Ops team. They will attempt to recreate the issue and get back with us with more updated information and a possible work around/scheduled fix.

WORLDRICH
Character Actor

Thank you.  At least they come on.  It doesn't happen later in the day, just the first time it is turned on for the day.  The Joey's haven't done it but a couple of times.  It's just irritating to have to reset every day.

Thanks for the research request.

DISH Employee

You're more than welcome! I totally get where you're coming from. Sometimes the details can make the overall experience better. I honestly just noticed the new "Next Episode" feature last night, while catching up on Westworld!

DISH Employee

Hey there WORLDRICH, I wasn't able to find more information on this being a possible known issue with an open case. So, I would like to create a new case, on your behalf, for our Tech Ops team. If you wish, please Private Message me with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, and we'll get started on that process.

WORLDRICH
Character Actor

To what number do I Private Message you?

jpitts591
Extra

I am having the same issue with my OTA antenna installed by DISH. If I just select the channel from the guide, I either cannot get a signal for the OTA channel or it lasts a few minutes then I get a "searching for channel" screen.

jpitts591
Extra

Use the email icon at the top of the page World Rich