OTA Antenna installed by dish

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: OTA Antenna installed by dish

robbiek19723
Camera Crew

Have this same issue where it takes forever with the hopper with sling for the locals to pop up it flashes in the corner live tv and the screen stays black for a bit then it comes on sometimes though it can be a strong channel and have to stare at a circle device spinning around saying trying to access channel then have to go to guide and try again then it comes on otherwise if its a weaker channel you not getting it through the hopper but on tvs without the hopper the locals work great but when they work there excellent

tyork
Camera Crew

Hello, was this ever resolved? 

DISH Employee

If you are still having problems with this issue please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security pin on your account and I will forward that to our engineering department. 

To send a PM:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

Highlighted

WORLDRICH
Character Actor

Thanks. I just sent the private message.

@RobertS wrote:

If you are still having problems with this issue please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security pin on your account and I will forward that to our engineering department. 

To send a PM:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

WORLDRICH
Character Actor

Hey.  This was referred to Tech in June.  It is now almost September.  Nothing has changed in fact it now is every time I want to watch the OTA channels I have to reset the hopper.   I've heard Nothing from Tech.  Nothing!!!     I am going to research Direct TV in the next couple of weeks and see if they have a better option.  I've been a Dish customer for years, but have almost had it with the poor or No solution to receiving local channels.

Rnjsharp
Extra
I’m having the same issue.... I just got tired of messing with it and plugged the antenna directly into my tv.... Gets better reception and more channels no more issues cancelling dish and going to go antenna and sling.... Much cheaper been with dish for a while and they have gotten worse...

DISH Employee

Rnjsharp, Our Engineer Team is working on this to see why it is happening. If you may please send me a Private Message with the phone number on the account and the 4 digit security PIN.  

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039