Now I Cannot Watch My Stored Movies

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I Cannot Watch My Stored Movies

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
I just got railroaded into the stupid new hopper interface last night.

Now, I sat down to watch some of my recorded content and I cannot watch anything.

When I click/select a program, it takes me to a screen where little blue boxes run back and forth, over and over, until it finally times out and reverts to live TV.

I have made numerous attempts and tried several different recorded events, all with the same results.

Can this be fixed ?

I have never been so sick of anything in my life; I hate this stupid new interface.

I have many bought and paid for programs stuck in this stupid hopper and cannot watch any of them.
Tags (3)
9 Replies

Re: Now I Cannot Watch My Stored Movies

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Are these payperviews? And are these from channels you no longer subscribe to?

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Are these payperviews? And are these from channels you no longer subscribe to?

NO and NO; these are movies and series that I I recorded for later viewing from channels that I am subscribed to and paying for.

I fixed myself a meal, got all situated to enjoy one of my shows, and sat there in complete frustration when everything I tried to watch resulted in a long period of watching little blue squares running across the screen.

There is a sure-fire fix for all of these frustrations that ...may... prevent a long-time loyal customer from abandoning ship >>>>> REVERT BACK to the old interface.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The Hopper3 would fix all those woes.

stile99
Cinematographer
First step is accepting reverting back to the old interface is never happening. Period.

Second step, move the files from the EHD back to the Hopper.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Or possibly (since it was just updated) wait another day or two to see if the overnight update fixes everything. And try disconnecting the EHD and reconnecting after rebooting Hopper. Just like a computer things sometimes need to be rebooted to fix software glitches.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
I never mentioned an EHD; I do not have an EHD connected to the hopper.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
OK thought that was why you were having issues, same goes for recorded content on your Hopper after an update. Sometimes you can turn off and on and things return to normal.

BuckSkin
Costume Designer
These stupid blue boxes are still plaguing me.

Two times out of three, I sit down to watch something and, no matter what I click on, al I get are the blue squares running across the screen.

Also, when I select a specific show, more times than not, after taking forever to do anything, it will load the wrong show.

It was vital that I check the local weather forecast before leaving; I had the news/weather recorded; I sat down to quickly watch the forecast, and, after loading the wrong thing twice, all I got were the racing blue squares.
I never did get to see the weather.

I have managed to get it to finally (I hesitate to say work, as nothing about this works anymore)a few times by pulling the cord from the wall, waiting a few minutes, and plugging back in, then waiting for it to go through all that time-eating mess again.

The local cable company strung brand-new fibre-optic through our community last summer and ran it into our house to some sort of box; they said that if I let them run it into the house while the people were already there that I wouldn't have to pay an installation fee should I ever decide to connect to it; the wife and I have decided to take advantage of it since Dish has screwed everything up.

I just hate to lose all of my stuff that I have on that hopper, but I get mad enough to bust every time I try to watch any of it anyway.

tobyshouse
Character Actor
buck skin, try pulling your smart card out of the hopper a few seconds then put it back in. It will force a re-boot of hopper system. If that doesn't work also go to system settings and try a do a system restore from the remote before the update was installed.

I have done both of those things and i'm able to watch recordings.