Notifications will not turn off despite setting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications will not turn off despite setting

CAnder6314
Extra
This is my first post to this forum....My current software version is U341. I have all notifications turned off. I have rebooted and called into customer service on this topic. A year ago they said it was a bug in the new Hopper 3. Here is the problem. When channel surfing I get a notice in the bottom corner that says "Want to watch from the beginning. Press select for more showtimes" I do not need this to pop up every time I change the channel. On top of that it comes up after the banner. Pressing back will clear it but then I have to do that again and again every time I change the channel. I understand there are users that like being reminded of this but we who know the feature should not have to be reminded of it and given the option to turn the notification off. My question is why is this being continued in the new software updates...On a side note...We should be given the option of shortening channel banner display time just like Direct TV has.
2 Replies

Re: Notifications will not turn off despite setting

DISH Employee
I can add your feedback about having the ability to Enable/Disable the "start from the beginning" notification. When you say shorten the channel banner are you referring to making the guide expand?

Re: Notifications will not turn off despite setting

CAnder6314
Extra
Hello, Thank-you for the reply...On the banners...I would like the ability to shorten the time that they display. Directv allows you to shorten it down to a couple of seconds. Better yet I would like the ability to not show any banners at all when changing channels...If I want to see what I am watching I can then just hit the info button....I know that would be too much as none of the providers offer this feature yet...Also on the notification "Too watch from the beginning" if Dish feels it so necessary to show us this every time...make it part of the top banner so it will go away when the banner goes away and you only have to hit back/cancel once to get rid of the banner and the notification. One last thing...Do we really need the bottom banner ? Directv does not have a bottom banner. I am paying extra for movie channels and do not need to be reminded of tip or tricks or that I can go to Dish on Demand for EPIX movies