cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications will not shut off

Demhindz
Extra

Hey there,
Brand new to Dish as of yesterday and I am really impressed all of these cool features! Well done, folks.

Just one thing, thoigh. The notifications (press select to record, Live TV) continue to pop up even though I have disabled enhancements and am up-to-date with the latest software. It stays on the screen for several seconds and its driving me a little bit nuts.

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly; is there a way to disable the Dish Anywhere bottom banner that occasionally pops up when you switch to a channel? I know about Dish Anywhere and really don't need the constant reminders, particularly because it blocks the lower third of the screen and stays on for far too long. I could see showing these banners a couple of times when people first get Dish, but this is overkill.

Hopper 2, software version SWID U242

Thanks

Tags (3)
4 Replies

Re: Notifications will not shut off

RickObe
Visual Engineer
I'm pretty surprised that someone brand new to Dish would get a Hopper 2 and not a Hopper 3!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
RickObe wrote:
I'm pretty surprised that someone brand new to Dish would get a Hopper 2 and not a Hopper 3!

There is usually a cost of atleast $100 for new customer upgrades.

Demhindz
Extra

I saw elsewhere in this forum, by the way, something about turning off the EPG banner in my settings but it does not appear as though that is an option.

As for the Hopper 2 - I probably should have gone with the 3 but I really didn't even want to get Dish. I cut the cord years ago but the streaming tv services are just.. terrible. DTV Now is just awful, awful garbage. Sling wasn't bad but it lacked locals and some other things, learned it was owned by Dish, thought the pricing was reasonable and now here I am. Back with real TV. It really is so nice. I am in love with this interface and the really thoughtful features all over the place. It's been fun to explore. And maybe all of the things I'm so impressed by have been around for some time, but certainly not as of the last time I had TV, which would have been DTV around 2012. Loving it. Just gotta get rid of these bsnners!

Tags (2)

DISH Employee
Welcome to Dish!

We definitely welcome your feedback and ideas! The most effective way to get these ideas to the correct department is through our Spokeslistener page here: https://www.mydish.com/spokeslistener