Nothing is Working!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing is Working!!

margaret
Character Actor
Nothing for me is working with Dish right now.
1. programs drop off the schedule and don't record. OR See them there, but don't record.
2. I have MLB extra innings and can't get them. It tells me I am not eligible to watch this channel. Paid for it but can't watch it.
3. DishAnywhere does not work anymore. No one knows why and everyone blames something else.
4. When you call Support they blame you. If you call 3 times you will get 3 answers. One says they are "working" on it. One will tell you they have never heard of this issue before and can't help me. Or this is my problem, are you turning off your box at night? Are you doing this or that? As though I am an idiot.
5. I have had 4 boxes in the last 2 yrs. Every 6 months they tell me I need to get a new receiver that is the problem. I find it doubtful or are they giving me refurbished boxes or just putting out crap anymore?

Anyone have any idea how we can get some help? Aside from leaving Dish which I can't do for 18 months, are their outside companies who can come fix this stuff? I'm willing to pay for answers!!
3 Replies

Re: Nothing is Working!!

1. This has to do with our new guide data provider. If you do a "record once" timer this is the known workaround.
2. Have you used mydish.com/gamefinder? We will need to review the account otherwise
3. Please continue using the Dish Anywhere thread.
4. See 3.
5. Receivers can be refurbished but are tested to be sure they are working like new. Any electronic can fail but we will need more details on how they have failed.

Please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can assist further.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

margaret
Character Actor
1. I don't wish to have a work around, but for it to work. So you are saying this will continue and the option for record series will always fail? Every week I must find the show, hit once and that is my option? This won't be fixed?
2. gamefinder no longer works. Been on the phone for days on this one. same as mlb not showing up but you are sure charging me. tells me ineligible to view.
3. resetting and deleting cache etc do not work!!!! done it all for 2 weeks. Still no dishanywhere.
4. What more does one need about why they failed? I call support and they walk me through the same steps that I already did. We do this on every call then they say, Oops need a new box. Seriously isn't the definition of stupidity doing the same thing expecting a different result? Same steps, same outcome.

margaret wrote:
1. I don't wish to have a work around, but for it to work. So you are saying this will continue and the option for record series will always fail? Every week I must find the show, hit once and that is my option? This won't be fixed?
2. gamefinder no longer works. Been on the phone for days on this one. same as mlb not showing up but you are sure charging me. tells me ineligible to view.
3. resetting and deleting cache etc do not work!!!! done it all for 2 weeks. Still no dishanywhere.
4. What more does one need about why they failed? I call support and they walk me through the same steps that I already did. We do this on every call then they say, Oops need a new box. Seriously isn't the definition of stupidity doing the same thing expecting a different result? Same steps, same outcome.

1. Not all record series timers have the issue, just some. Starting Tuesday, 02/28/17, all model receivers have completed a transition to a new data source for programming content, including EPG descriptions and channel and programming information. During this transition, there have been some encounters of following known issues: missing recordings, timers not firing, or duplicate recordings.

This issue will be reviewed by our Technical Operations team; however, it can take up to 30 days for the Engineering team to review and establish a timeline for an expected fix date. Fix dates generally correspond with larger software updates, meaning that this particular problem may not be resolved for a few months.

2. How does it not work? Are you using the app or website? We will need more details.

3. Please use the other thread. We have been unable duplicate this issue.

Please send me a PM with your phone number and PIN
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator