Not getting satellite 129

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting satellite 129

ronda1957
Character Actor

I just replaced my receiver.  The new receiver does not have satellite 129 so I am missing some HD channels.  How do I add this satellite?  The Dish representative was useless told me I had to have a tech come in.  The last time this happened when I replaced a different receiver, the tech hit a couple buttons on my remote and it was fixed.  Any ideas?

6 Replies

Re: Not getting satellite 129

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Which receiver do you have? You’ll need to run a check switch test.

ronda1957
Character Actor

It is a 612.  Ran all the checks.  It isn't there.  Really pisses me off that they sent me a receiver w/o all the satellites set.

ronda1957
Character Actor

the 722 I have downstairs has all the satellites.

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
None of the receivers come with any satellites loaded. That’s because there is an eastern arc and a Western Arc. The Check switch test will test which satellites are being read from the antenna, via cabling. Do you have a single cable coming directly from the wall into the receiver, or is there a splitter looking box(called a separator).

ronda1957
Character Actor

There is a splitter on the back.  I get 110 and 119.  I have two dishes on my house to get HD.  I ran check switch and 129 is not there.  How do I add it or get it added?

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Run the check switch test on the 722 as well, and if it pops up a box asking you to save, click yes. Tell me if it goes all the way through.