Not Recording from Pause and other issues...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Recording from Pause and other issues...

borr28
Extra
Ok, so I've had the Hopper 3 (no Joeys) for about a year now and have had these problems since day one. I've just dealt with it but is becoming more and more frustrating, especially since Dish made me pay for the stinking H3 when I upgraded.

Problem #1 - When I pause live TV for more than say 15-20 minutes and then want to just record the show, it says it is recording but never actually records. The guide shows the red dot, the on screen message indicates it is recording, it creates the timer set to "once", but it does not actually record the show. If I am paused for less than 15 minutes however, it will usually record from the point of pause as it is supposed to. Recording from live TV is not a problem though. Side note, my 722 would pause up to 60 minutes and still record the entire show with no issues. The H3, not so much!

Problem #2 - When either paused or skipping backwards for only 10-20 seconds, 90% of the time the playback becomes pixilated and choppy like it does with rain fade. I have to be paused for at least 20 seconds for clear playback while delayed.

Problem #3 - Some timers randomly stop working. I have had to delete and redo the timers to get the H3 to actually record them.

I am now on update U503 and have reset the thing many times but it has done these three things since the beginning and continues to do so. I've just dealt with it but now it's time to see what can be done. Like I said, I had to pay for the H3 upgrade and I feel like I took a step backwards from my 722, which basically worked flawlessly. All I really wanted was the multiple tuner recording capability (more than the two on the 722) and since I had to pay for the "upgrade" I am feeling less than impressed. Anybody else have these similar issues? What can be done?

Thanks
4 Replies

Re: Not Recording from Pause and other issues...

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Hit play before hitting record.

dflem29
Costume Designer
I am experiencing ALL 3 issues you have identified. My Hopper3 w Sling is now only a couple of months old.

Backing up and playing, then recording does not work. I have noticed the issue seems to happen when the scheduled programming has gone into the next show, so the show I was watching delayed had already finished the live showing.

borr28
Extra
Chadt4141 wrote:
Hit play before hitting record.

Nope. Hitting play first doesn't make any difference. In fact, if I do it more than once "recording already in progress" message pops up, but still is not actually recording.

borr28
Extra
dflem29 wrote:
I am experiencing ALL 3 issues you have identified. My Hopper3 w Sling is now only a couple of months old.

Backing up and playing, then recording does not work. [b:2zo3zj13]I have noticed the issue seems to happen when the scheduled programming has gone into the next show, so the show I was watching delayed had already finished the live showing[/b:2zo3zj13].

I thought it had something to do with that too but it does it for me regardless of rolling over into the next program schedule or not. For me, it is definitely accumulated delay time related. At least I'm not the only one experiencing these three issues so its not just my own bad luck.