No custom buttons on Hopper remotes

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No custom buttons on Hopper remotes

GaryK4
Character Actor
Dish has never had a pass thru sleep timer button. With my old 622 receiver, I purchased a 21.0 remote. The (4) colored buttons could be customized to match a TV remote button.
The Hopper remotes only have "canned" customization options. This is a big step backwards. I have to have multiple remotes handy just to set a sleep timer! This forces me to buy a third party remote if I want to solve the lack of customization.
Dish -- bad move.
4 Replies

Re: No custom buttons on Hopper remotes

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can teach the Hopper remotes learning commands to specific buttons for tv features, such as the menu and sleep timer.

GaryK4
Character Actor
The 54.0 remote came with my Hopper 3 & Joeys. I called tech support and there did not provide me with a method to program a specific button. All documentation just shows how to pair to a TV and that was very easy.

Could you point me to documentation to link a sleep timer button from my TV to the single or double diamond button? Web link?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Go to the troubleshooting section of my dish.com and remotes, and learning commands

GaryK4
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
Go to the troubleshooting section of my dish.com and remotes, and learning commands

This section did not have learning commands. However, I found support/products/remotes/customizablecommands.
Then I went to Teach Commands from Another Device's Remote and followed the instructions trying to teach the double diamond key. It blinked and described and showed Samsung, Learned, 2051.
However, it did NOT work. I tried multiple times and with other buttons, but nothing.
When I pressed the button, it did what the default action for the key was.

I did this process with my old 622 & 21.0 remote and it worked fine using one of the colored buttons.