No Joey signal from OTA unless Hopper 3 is turned on

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Joey signal from OTA unless Hopper 3 is turned on

eldernerd
Camera Crew
Dish OTA adapter recently installed and works great if Hopper 3 is active. If Hopper is turned off, error 739 shows on all Joey's. Hopper and Joey's have been reset and no change. Wifi connections are good with good signal. Signal is strong from antenna. I repeat, all works good if Hopper is turned on.
Tags (2)
5 Replies

Re: No Joey signal from OTA unless Hopper 3 is turned on

hartbow
Camera Crew
Do you turn it off or does the in activity timer turn it off? If the in activity timer shuts it off this should not happen.

eldernerd
Camera Crew
I do not turn off the Hopper. I may be watching the Joey and when the Hopper turns off from inactivity, signal is lost to Joey on antenna channels.

DISH Employee
With the OTA adapter, those locals now come through on their own tuner that is not a Hopper tuner. Because it is not a tuner from the Hopper, it may not go to the Joey's unless the Hopper itself is running. I can go ahead and pass along this feedback.

hartbow
Camera Crew
I've not had this happen on my 2 month old H3 setup. What does Dish say?

eldernerd
Camera Crew
Thanks for letting me know it's not normal. I was hoping for simple answer here but may have to contact Dish direct. I've had more success on the forum than with Dish support in the past. :roll: