No Bluetooth Icon Under Settings: Hopper 3

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: No Bluetooth Icon Under Settings: Hopper 3

DISH Employee

Audrienthorsten, I understand. It does look like this is a known issue. A possible workaround that we have is to unplug the Hopper from the wall for about 15-20 seconds, then plug it back in and allow it to restart. That should bring the Bluetooth icon back up in the Settings menu for you.

Schilds
Extra
This happened to me for the first time tonight on 01/09/19 after years of flawless use with my Phillips soundbar. I didn't even know the Bluetooth icon COULD disappear before tonight. I almost threw my soundbar and TV over the deck in rage. Then I googled and found this thread. The hard reset worked for me and the Bluetooth icon suddenly reappeared under "Settings." It was shocking to see the Bluetooth icon missing and I thought I was going crazy. Try the hard reset advice and hopefully your Bluetooth icon will reappear as mine did before you break your expensive equipment in rage like I almost did. Also, don't get your spouse involved unless they are an even-headed techie or you might cause a fight with them over this as well. Stop almost ruining marriages DISH and fix this really irritating issue. 😤

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but unfortunately the hard reset is not a permanent fix.  You’ll find that it will disappear again for no reason, just like it did the first time.  So far, DISH’s only solution is the hard reset and to me, it’s infruriating because like you I use a BT soundbar so that means no audio until you reset.  And in my experience, sometimes it takes 2-3 resets to restore.  Even more infuriating, this problem has been reported for the better part of 2 years and still no fix.  Between this issue and no hbo, I’ll probably switch back to directv when my contract is complete.  In fact, I may be switching before my contract is over, it’s only $20/m, might be worth it to save the aggravation.

WayneM
Camera Crew

like bluetooth the netflix app is bugged in a similar way, it freezes and requires reset.

As to the bluetooth I have only lost it once. guess i'm lucky there.

it is too bad that the dish engineers are not able to fix anything but I wonder if they are in India like most customer service people.

They have been "working" on both problems and even with the constant nightly updates (some cause more problems than they solve) still after almost 2 years for me still give the same answer re-boot.

that being said I don't think I will change to Directtv (even though we have their dish on the roof as well) because of the DVR recording so many channels. I have too many conflicts on DirectTV and miss programs their DVR sucks (lack of enough channel recording ability.

there are other cheaper options than cable amd sat. if you have internet. 

we (wife and I) thought about changing because of HBO but we can get it even cheaper through Amazon Prime. with NO charge to quit it anytime. How old is your DVR and is it a Hopper 3? maybe the bluetooth is a problem just for certain older equipment. anyway Have a happy new year. Hope you find a solution.

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

Yes, that's the frustrating part.  I get that bugs are going to happen but it seems like tons of people have reported this issue for ~2 years and still no fix despite tons of updates for who knows what.  And yes, at some point i'll scrap Dish or DTV in favor of Hulu and probably pocket $50-60/m and never really miss satellite TV.  But right now it's convenient, familiar, etc. so i'll likely give it one more try.  Good idea re: HBO via Amazon, i may just give that a try.

DISH Employee

Product and service issues do happen with all companies, we here at DISH are working hard to make sure that we collect as much data as possible so that we can resolve and prevent issues. We appreciate you hanging in there with us while we work hard to resolve this issue making your DISH experience an awesome one. 

Mpfischerz
Costume Designer

These robo-responses are annoying.  If DISH was truly "working hard" to fix this issue, i don't think it woild take 2 years to resolve.  and what does "Product and service issues do happen with all companies" even mean anyway?

@JasonI wrote:

Product and service issues do happen with all companies, we here at DISH are working hard to make sure that we collect as much data as possible so that we can resolve and prevent issues. We appreciate you hanging in there with us while we work hard to resolve this issue making your DISH experience an awesome one. 

JMO44
Camera Crew

Right. And how long do they think we'll be "hanging in there" with them? Another 2 years? As soon as new DVR technology comes available with multi-tuners, I'l be moving on to another "awesome" experience. 

Fshcake
Extra
Having this same issue and we just got the hopper with joeys. Bluetooth icon was there and now it’s not. Software version
U395

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you are being affected by this known issue with the Bluetooth icon. Have you tried resetting the Hopper for 15-20 seconds? We have seen some success with this work around and the icon should come back up in the Settings Menu after the reset.